Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20341

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Cheers vdog,

Stoked you enjoyed it. You're right... this beer is all about hops! We wanted the beer to be as pale as possible... for a start, an optical illusion is a great thing when it's part of a beer! The looks on peoples faces when they ordered a pint, expected a mainstream lager because of the colour and got smashed in the face with hop aromatics as they brought it to their lips would be completely worth it :)

Will check and see if Vic Park has ordered any more Mash Up...

As for Hop Zombie... we completely sold out on Monday afternoon. Luckily, we're brewing another batch this week, so should be some available in roughly a month. After that though... depends on whether we can get anymore of the hops we use!

for a start, an optical illusion is a great thing when it's part of a beer!

Tell me about it... how many people have I seen pouring Rex, in the last month, thinking "I thought this was a smoked beer?"

Rogue American Amber Ale.... They are flicking them off cheap at Hashigo so I grabbed one to take home.

Tasty drop. :o)

I brought both Yeasty Boy's His Majesty, and 8 Wired Hopwired to a craft brew pub in Miami. Both of these beers are huge hits! Shared them with the people in the pub.

Lovely beers!

Hop Zombie at the Auckland launch at AndrewAndrew last night. Awesome to see such a big crowd, great to catch up with so many people (including a wandering Wellingtonian) and oh boy what a great beer. Tasted even better than when I'd had it at the Malthouse. We cleared 2 kegs in the night, and I did my bit!

I interspersed a Yeastie Boys PKB in and amongst the Zombie madness and it was superb, an excellent counterpoint.

The Zombie is a mighty, but also a very clever beer.  Inbetween zombies, I had a sip of another's Moa Pale (which I had recommended as a good change, being suffciently pale, hoppy and bitter, but lower in abv), and it just tasted of malt in comparison. Martin's PKB would have been a better choice. Amazing to get the malt backbone to carry all those hops, without it being cloying.

After, three of us 'detoured' up to Galbraith's. The 8Wired barrel aged Big Smoke was on, and it was stalwart enough to stand up to the Zombie attack. Noticeably fruitier and with touch of oak and vanilla.  Finished off with a Bob's, and despite all the big flavours of earlier drinks, this was a nice refreshing way to end the evening, before rolling down the road to catch the last train.

Sounds like an awesome night!

Good to see Auckland smashing it...

I started my friday night with a clean up in the man cave and found a bottle of Hopwired in the back of the fridge , god i love this beer !!!! As i spend most of my time at work on youtube  on a friday , I came across this (hey YT can i be in the next beer add please bro), Im going to get the big John out when i finish this current beer and pour it all over the wife

Yay for another weekend

that's the saddest thing I've seen in a long time... thank fuck my speakers are broken.

Hey-zuess that's bad. C'mon Harringtons, you can do better than that!

No sound for me either.

Pretty depressing direction to head into Harringtons. You might as well align yourself with Tui right now.
Well, at least it's nice and topical, what with us all getting righteous about Tui and a twisty bottle.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service