Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20341

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Amen. Fantastic beer.
I meant it was NOT overbearing. It is a beautiful beer, and I will have another tonight. (In about 30 mins)
Captain Cooker at the Mussel Inn - what a fantastic location! - funky garden bar, cool swing for the kids and cool beer for the adults..... If you are in Golden Bay, you must go....

Thanks to a German friend I'm drinking my way through;

1 crate of Rothaus Mäzen export

1 crate Rothaus Pils

1 crate Rothaus Hefe Weizen

1 crate Waldhaus Diplom Pils

1 crate Waldhaus Schwarzwald Weise

1 crate Paulaner Hefe Weissbier Naturtrüb

1 crate Paulaner Hefe Weissbier Dunkle

All 500ml bottles 20 to a crate!

It's been a good summer so far! ;o)

Fuck what a dick for not sharing.

:-P

Ha! Your more than wlecome to drop around and refresh your taste buds  memory!

I lost all my coasters except for one last Alpirsbacher one.

I was really hoping my mate was going to slip some of the Tannenzäpfle into the mix but no just the other Pils no little pinecones.

I did try to talk to the Rothaus brewery about importing commercially and they were initially keen, but then someone from upstairs changed his mind and they declined to export. :o(

I was gutted...... such an awesome brewery!

Attachments:

My 100% Brett C fermented pale amber weird kitchen sink ale.

Still some citrus stone fruity hops hanging about in there, some pineapple and tropical fruit aromas, with some of that young brett-y ethyl acetate/nail polish remover aroma.  Not unpleasent but not entirely inviting either.  The 'after-aroma' is wierd, the homebrewers out there will know what I'm talking about - that smell of freshly rehydrated SO5 - kind of like fresh bread with fruit in it.

Flavour is mostly nail polish remover, not as gross as it sounds.  Quite well balanced on the sweetness:bitterness front.  Finshes dry and crisp, the carbonation helping out here too.  There's a little grassy danky green hop flavour too.

This beer is weird.  It's like if it was brewed with a Cal ale strain it would be choice.  Brewed with the Brett C. it's funky, but not balanced funky...hard to describe.

I like it, but I don't.  But I do.  It was better a few months ago before the nail polish, so hopefully in a couple more it will be ok.

Maybe a touch off-topic...

I finally walked into the pub one half a block a way from where I live. Low and behold, what did I find? They serve Chimay on tap, as well as a range of craft beers!

This is not going to end well.

Wow.  Jealous.

Where in NZ are you?

I moved to South Beach Miami for a bit. (Will return to Welly eventually)

The thing is the beer will not be as enjoyable for me since they still allow smoking in the pubs here, and a lot of smokers in such a small place will leave me smelling like an ashtray.

The trick will be to get there early and enjoy the good beer. :)

There's  one bar in Welly that has it on tap (as well as 2 Leffe's and hoegaarten).  :o)
...and I will be there to drink it at the end of April to early May mate. :)

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service