Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20341

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

A visitor from the States with room in his bag!

To be fair, last time Beerstore had Pliny in stock it was around about 3 weeks old by the time it got here.
Mikkeller Sauvignon
Fuller's Vintage 2005
8 Wired iStout
Mikkeller Barrel-aged 1000IBU
Xbeeriment Den Sure Trækanon

All excellent beers but the Sauvignon left the rest for dead really... beware people, we may well find ourselves in the same situation for Sauvin as we are currently in with Riwaka very soon.
I'd heard we're already in that situation?
We are - Steinlager uses Nelson Sauvin in their Edge beer as well as in their (I think) "Pure" (along with Pacific Jade).

There is no way Lion Nathan will give up their supply of Sauvin for anyone else!
Yeah pure def has Sauvin in it, I actually tried a can on my last airNZ flight and OMFG it actually tasted nice, crisp clean with a sauvin hop fruityness on the nose, funny how much a green bottle can take something half decent and totally destroy it!!
WTF!?! What an absolute travesty. Lion use one of the World's greatest hops in tiny, barely noticeable amounts in two the the World's blandest, yet high volume beers restricting supply to home brewers who have the respect to use the hop as intended. Not happy!
P.S. also speciality hops can't be shared with the masses, they simply won't understand nor appreciate them ;-)
Is it really an issue at this stage? I got a kilo of Sauvin from NZ Hops about 6 weeks ago with no drama, and no mention at the time of any potential shortage?
I got a kilo of Sauvin from NZ Hops about 6 weeks ago

LN probably got a kg too, if Christian's right. Can't comment, haven't tried it
You won't know until you can't get any. All I can really suggest is to support Jo because ad long as he has an idea that he will sell a lot he can ask for them to be set aside for him next season...

I wouldn't be surprised if we are struggling to get them on casual purchases by the end of the year. Hopefully I am wrong but of they are becoming popular in UK and Europe then we are in a bit of strife.
Message to all brewers: Motueka is a nasty hop, definately stay clear of this one!
Isn't it similar to Riwaka, heavy burnt rubber on the nose ?

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service