Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20341

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well I found a couple left over in the fridge and felt it was up to me to ensure they were used...

Had Chris' GP+Simcoe blonde the other night. One of the best smash's I've had. The Simcoe had no trouble being the lone hop and the only disappointment was the fact it ended after 500mls...

Michael's Bitter Sweet Night tonight. I think it's along the American dark ale lines and Michael was a bit worried it was too bitter. I think it's spot on. Deep rich malt with a hint of chocolate backed up by a marmalade citrus. Cascade or Chinook or both? Beaut!
Mate, what % ABV is this? Just finished a glass, stood up and nearly fell over...
Coopers Stout...(Again)

Cooper's Stout is good for a cold wet evening. I do need to get a better source for it though. Half of the time it is a little oxidized from Woolworths. Maybe there is somewhere better to get it.

Whilst I am at it, can someone recommend a good stout that I can find in Welly?
Townshend #9 is a great stout if you can get it, I get it from Regionals. Other than that, I quite like Green Man Stout and I can get it at Pak N Save.
3 boys oyster stout, hmmmmmm it's good
Oyster Stout oooooooh yeah
take it anyway you can get it but on handpump at the Malthouse is the bestest
Anyone have a Refrac and a ripe feijoa in there fruit bowl that they could slice in half swipe on the face of the refrac and tell me what the brix reading is?
Not exactly...
But when I made my feijoa wit a few weeks ago, I worked out that 1.6kg of feijoa pulp contained about 170g of sugar and should've given me about .003 additional points of gravity in 16L of beer.
Nice!! But I defintly need the juice. What did you do here?
I (or rather my girlfriend, bless her) scooped out the fruit from the inside of the feijoas, brought it up to 75C and held it there for about 10 minutes to pasteurize it, then threw it into the secondary and left it there for about 10 days.

A little feijoa goes a long way... The flavour and aroma from 100g feijoa per litre of beer is quite strong.
Russian River's Pliny The Elder. Pretty fresh (about 3 weeks old) and tasting awesome. What gets me about this beer is that it's so damned drinkable. Steve's Maximus comes close sometimes, but this is the king of easy-drinking big hop beers for me.
Dayam! How did you get a 3 week old Pliny?

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service