Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20346

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks David. You may have just saved home brewers around the world litres of pain.
Thanks David. Will definitely tread carefully.
Forgot to say that I tried one of the most fantastic beers last night brewed by Martin Bridges, his Belgian Stout which had been sitting on Brett and Oak for 2 months, and I was lucky enough to get a room temp, out of the fermenter sample which was absolutely stunning!! A bit of brett on the nose but ever so subtle in the flavour, lovely hints of roast and chocolate with a really good body to back it all up!

Well done Martin, no doubt it will shape up to be quite the beer!
Thanks mate *blush*. I really wanted to get another palate across the beer. Sometimes it's difficult to do a decent assessment when you've lived with the beer for so long.

I have 2 versions of this beer - a "pure" version and the oaky bretty version. I had considered blending but at the moment I'm happy with them both the way they are.
Yesterday was the last bottle of His Majesty - quite different a few months on - followed by the North Welly Porter - don't think my brother beleived the amount of hops that went into it.

Tonight, cracking into 693, the mot brown with hallertau and cascade - like it's aler cousin it looks like it'll need a little condtioning for hops to settle. And 692 - the standard cascade ale with some Munich, first Munich in a brew for awhile
And into the second half of the keg of the coopers delight .... hmmmm, mmmmmm
Tucking into some Welly BKP right now. jt, what did you think second time round?

It's missing the smooth chocolate of the new PKB but it's definitely hop central.

Yeastie Boys, Return to Magenta at lunch. Yum! Malty belgian goodness. The type of beer that quickly becomes your friend and you whittle away an afternoon together.
it's definitely hop central

If you have a mouthful and then wait, your mouth starts to tingle slightly, starts at the tip of your tongue then the insides of your cheeks

If we got the intended gravity it would have ben a cracker

new PKB is this the bottled version ?
Yep, the bottled version. It's tip top.
My highlights of the drinking weekend -

Haish's mild - nice chocolate notes and pretty damn smooth, apart from it not being served through a handpump IMO it was pretty close to perfect, will def be a good contender for the WBC!!

Denimglens Imperial Amber Ale - Soooo damn good, a little crystaly from being aged a few months, but other than that it just so damn awesome, it has everything, malt by the bucketload and then a shed load of hop to follow, it was like being back in the states again!

Denimglens All Centennial IPA - Did a side by side with my all cent IPA, which was interesting, cos mines more amber with a bit more malt, but waaaay more hop flavour which sorta cancelled it out, whereas Glens was lighter in colour, not as much malt, but was more balanced, as in I could pick out both the hop flavour and the malt character! A hint of candy sweetness and a bit of a funny flavour from the centennial, but it definately went down a treat!
Cheers mate. Will be cracking your Cream Ale later on this evening and will post up when I do.

Yeah, unfortunately you missed that Amber at it's best - was way more hoppy and didn't have that cloying crystalness in it's prime - but oh well.

That cent IPA is a funny one. I wish it had attenuated more, it finished at 1.014 and it hides all the bitterness (calculated IBU of 115 IIRC).
Shit 115 IBU? yeah no way I would've picked that eh, I def got alot of sweetness but it still had a heap of hop flavour in there!!

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service