Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20349

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

A real assortment lately, and plenty which isn't just my own for a change

While sitting in Michaels garage, North Welly tasting HQ on Sunday afternoon

The Rakau Pale, a week in the bottle. After the hoppy delight from the fermenter it was disapointingly earthy. Not sure if it was a good recipe or style to do it justice.

Matthew's NZ IPA, delectable combo of Mot and Cascade that's prompting me to re-do the hallertau/mot/cascade blande ale.

Michael's cider. I haven't enjoyed a cider for a long time and still had reservations after the last Black Rock kit I dumped. No comparison. Coopers yeast and supermarket juice - may do a kegfull myself sometime. Which reminds me, Woollies have Coopers beers in the latest mailer ...

And at home, the Anniversary Guinness, a pleasure to drink Guinness without a widget for a change ...
Sounds like you've got your next three brews sorted then jt:
1. Imperial hallertau/mot/cascade blande ale
2. Cider
3. Stout

Bobs your uncle!!!
Bobs your uncle!!!

We suffer multiple 'Bobs' in the family ... uncles, brothers, grand....s

Sounds like you've got your next three brews sorted

Except I have to fit in that Imperial Coopers Draught Mr C !
I can't imagine how I'd state my intentions for that to the judges though
Imperial Coopers Draught
What would that be? Two kits & two kilos?
What would that be?

Pretty bloody scary i reckon
Imperial Coopers, At least if you lose you can pick the next Style!!
I'm tempted, but not that much.

After having that bottle of Coopers pale, I'd be more likely to do the draught (or lager) as a Coopers pale clone - don't know if I should do a mash instead of using dextrose or extract though ?
If you were to use the dextrose and the coopers lager it would be two for one !
Lager and cider in the same brew (shudder)!!
Went out for desert to celebrate 3 years of marriage.

Had a Little Creatures Pale Ale, followed by a Stonecutter back at home. Both great beers.
Congrats on 3 years of marriage Christian, I hope theyve been happy ones!!

Also - I hate you for being able to do something as simple as go out for dessert and still be able to have LCPA and Stonecutter!! Up here in auckland I would have to go to one of maybe 3 places to get that sort of beer... Why cant Auckland have more of a range goddamit?

Was talking to Martin last night about his SI trip and he was saying Nelson is just packed full of craft beer, not only the breweries but apparantly you can walk into a cafe and get beers like Emersons Pils!! Now that to me sounds absolutely awesome!!
It's been a very slow week ... the only thing saving me so far is the last pint from the fermenter when I kegged the latest batch of Mot Brown, plenty of hop floaties making for a lovely zesty sipper on Tuesday night.

I've got a few odd bottles hanging around from 2009, popped them in the fridge last night and planning on reviewing the last of the 2009 beers over the next few nights
Home from the Thornbridge tasting at the Malthouse. Wow! Phenomonal beer.

Kipling
Jaipur
Halcyon
Bracia (Dark ale infused with chestnut honey)
Thornbridge Alliance Madeira Reserve (Absolute gem!) There was another too, can't remember the name, maybe Spanish oak Pedro Ximenez Sherry?
3 x St Petersburg Russian Imperial Stouts aged in whiskey barrels (Isling, Speyside, Highland?)
JK's Black IPA Raven (Freakin' awesome!)

Beer's going to be pretty ordinary for the next week or two...

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service