Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20349

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Nothing like a southerly to rip the heart out of a summers day in Wellington...
That will teach you guys for living in eastern Wellington, Try the North!!

http://www.wmac.org.nz/trenthamweather/

http://www.metservice.co.nz/towns-cities/wellington

27 Actual in Upper Hutt

Wellington Feels like 11°C : 3 layers of clothing

Tropical Upper Hutt I tell you. Even the sharks know that that all the action happens in Whakamony, thats why they found one dead in the river in Upper Hutt, Not Scorching Bay!!
Tropical Upper Hutt

Do the comparison again in July ?
Do the comparison again in July ?

No thanks!!
Mike whats the hop schedule on your Simcoe/Amarillo/Centennial Pale Ale sounds good
Im drinking my Simtennial Pale at the moment and loving it just wondering what the Amarillo
would add? mmmmmmmmmmm yum
7 Ibus of Columbus @ 60
10 Ibus of Columbus @ 20

15g each Simcoe and Centenial @ 15

15g each Simcoe Amarillo @ 10, 5

20g each Simcoe Amarillo and Centenial and 10g Columbus @ 0 and Dry Hop,

You could up the Ibus up front and in the middle if you wanted it really long bitterness say 8ibu @ 60 and 8 @ 30. So just use chinook to bitter with.

Amarillo adds to me a tangarine type flavour. This beer is over powered up front by centennial, if any thing I would cut it back and up the Amarillo/Simcoe a little. The simcoe and amarillo come through in the end, but it just not layered.
Layered nicely I should add its like

Grapefruit................................................................................Tangarines......Apricot/Peaches

It should be

Grapefruit..........Tangarines......Apricot/Peaches
Thanks Mike! so theres 70g total@ 0min and 70g total@ dry hop?
Yip. Up the Simcoe and Amarillo in the dry hop and dump the centenial
Last night - A sneak taste of Martins saison which was beautifully spicy, I could even feel the spice on the tip of my tongue, and soooooooo dry! Yum!!

Also, the highlight - Martins Tasty APA mk II - In my mind, miles ahead of the first one cos of that beautifull Amarillo character coming through in the dry hop, awesome malt balance, actually, just all round great balance, just a little more hop aroma than Mk I.. I was quite impressed and might have to give this recipe a crack at some stage! Cheers mate :o)
You are most welcome. I'm pretty happy with the contents of my fridge at the minute - APA is awesome hoppiness, Mild is malty goodness and the Saison is very promising. I'll keg the Belgian Pale before I go away as well, so that should be ready for when I get back.

Had my takeaway bottle of Minimus tonight and followed up with a pint of my APA. I'm very happy with the comparison!
Mild is malty goodness

Mild with Special K Martin ? What did you think

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service