Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20349

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

P.S. I've just decided this is the best beer ever - the 8.5% abv could be clouding my judgement a little though.
Was that NW in Van St Christian?
Yep - there aren't too many bottles so you might want to get in quick. They also recently got in some Russian Baltika if you haven't been there for a while. No. 8 is a wheat and I thought it was very nice. The other 2 are Euro lagers of some description I think.
Awesome thanks mate. I've just bought some Rakau Hops so would like to try MPA if that's what it's brewed with. Also will try some of that No.8 Ta
I was inspired by my first bottle of MPA a few months ago to brew an IIPA - I used 100gm each of Southern Cross, NZ Cascade and Rakau in a half batch. Have 200gm of Rakau waiting in the freezer to do another 2 halves or a whole over summer. Though now I'm thinking about using them in a single hop brew.
Managed a cheeky post-work pint of Yeastie Boys Plan K at Galbraith's with Barry. Man that is an amazing beer for its strength. Actually, an amazing beer at any strength. All the best bits of an English bitter and Belgian funk with neither dominating. Really wish I could have stayed for more but I had the car.

It has whetted my appetite for beer though, so I will be delving into the fridge shortly.
Bob Hudsens Bitter followed by above said Plan K. Brillant bit of brewing that, bursting with a ton of flavour - sweet bready malt, little bit of rich almost chocolate notes with a wallop of funky clove and cleansing bitterness. Really full mouthfeel but in no way cloying. Finishs pretty clean but long. Fairly dry after that initial sweetness. This description is starting to meander, fact is my words can't really do it justice. Lets just leave it at flavoursome and complex. Zing.
Just had another His Majesty, god that's a good beer.
We're feeling the Auckland love... now how are we going to get a remix to you?

Anyone in AKL got a handpump?
Ah, just going for a little wander along my deck, enjoying the Auckland night air.....Well, stone me, an Angram model CQ handpump! What's that doing there?
I feel a plan coming together...

and thinking Martin must have wireless (or a long wire).
Hur hur hur.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service