Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20349

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If we can beat Lyon on Thursday morning I might just have to do His Majesty a favour...
How'd the soccer go chaps ?
It was actually Arsenal this morning, Lyon next week. Not good anyway, we've just got to tell ourselves "It's only the Carling cup, the one no one cares about..." :-{
Was only important when it was the Milk Cup.
It was only a wind up anyway .. sorry chaps

Drinking ?

Sample from kegging the mild tonight. Fermented low and I get a smokey black malt.
Mind you, everything has been fermented low lately and seems to be tasting very good

My parents are visiting from Denmark, brought me a handful of Mikkellers and some nice malts from the duty free:P Been sampling the Glenlivet already, tasty stuff, especially fot the price! The beers I'll give a couple of weeks to settle down after the long trip. I don't know if 'bottle shock' have ever been proven scientifically, but I believe in it:)
*makes mental note to get himself down to Blenheim very soon*
mmmmm highland park
Just saw the results from the Regional tastings: here

Three Boys Golden Ale the clear winner, and against some good competition too. Must admit I've had a few over the last two weeks and they've been superb. Its got me thinking about brewing with sauvin as a single hop beer again....
Had a few beers at a 2yo birthday party on the weekend.

Mac's Great White
Mac's Hop Rocker
Cooper's Original Pale

All were reasonably good but the Cooper's was certainly the standout. It's funny, when you're in Aus you see it on the shelf but you are craving something hoppier. When you put it up against something like Hop Rocker it really does have a better balance and refinement to it... no wonder it is a long-standing classic.

You just can't beat a good characterful ale with an interesting yeast profile[sits back awaiting Martin Townshend's agreement].
>no wonder it is a long-standing classic
A man after my own heart.
Just getting a few supplies from New World and they had some random bottles of Marlborough Pale Ale which I thought disappeared long ago. Didn't have a price on them so they just used the regular price of $7.99...yes!

Man, I love Rakau hops. The beer is so much stronger than I remember - reminds me a bit of another favourite of mine - Dux Nor'Wester - with intense toffee malt and strong, bitter hops - only this is stronger. Think this would have to accompany me to a Desert Island, should I up on one.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service