Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20347

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dry week for me this week, Dosnt sound like a beer of yours I want to try im affraid Jo!! lol:)
I have a plan to hit the fresh keg in the fridge tonight.
Batch 673 Mot Brown. Kegged a week ago and popped it in the fridge last night when the cascade ale ran dry.
Had a warm pour last night and it was pretty close to just what I wanted - which is a rare event
4% Dark Crystal
2.5% Caramalt
1% Chocolate
Balance ADM Pils (cuz I can't add)
1.041 14 IBU Super Alpha to bitter, 12 IBU of Motueka

But I've got to slow down on the Mild, there maybe a few pints left but the next batch is probably 10 days away from being ready
Holy CRAP! Twisted Hop Sauvin Pils... I don;t know what to say. This is pilsner defined. Or redefined, with NZ hops. Either way, it's a perfect drop. Martin was looking busy dressing up in a dirndl (yes, really), so I didn'tbug him to tell him how awesome he and his brewers are, but still... wow. Best wow beer since Galbraiths Bohemian Pilsner or Warminster IPA.
That Sauvin Pils is one of my Top 3 for 2009. It's prolly sitting in 2nd spot right now.

Wow. Pretty much sums it up!
Try Three Boys Golden too... Sauvin's finally getting some good use. Beers using it judiciously have got to be bitter.

Martin seems more like a lederhosen kind of a guy to me.
After some rather uninspiring and short work drinks I headed up to Galbraiths:
Bob Hudsons - on awesome form. When it tastes like this I could drink it for ever
Pride of Warminster IPA - Er. I don't know what to say. Either my memories playing tricks on me but this is nothing like as good as the beer we tasted at the last SOBA meeting about 3 or 4 weeks ago. Zero aroma. Well balanced, but only in the sense that neither the malt nor the hops asserted themselves. Hop flavour seemed to be seriously blurred. Maybe this stuff has to be ultra-fresh?
Pride of Warminster IPA (dry-hopped and on gravity) - Better. Once again the dry hopping seems to bring up the bitterness, which seems to be a common thread for me with Galbraiths beers. More aroma, just more interesting. Still not as good as the sample we had previously which was clean and focussed.

And now at home:
Three Boys Wild Plum 2009: lovely lovely beer. Clean and refreshing, just a hint of fruit character. I wish I had a case of this for the summer.
Last night:
Belhaven Scottish Ale
Emerson's Weizenbock- wow, a typically well brewed Emerson's version of a fine beer. Hints of banana, with that dark/bock style finish
This afternoon I'm drinking water ... going to the rugby and I refuse to a)buy the crap they sell, or b)pay their rediculous price

looking forward to a beer when I get back though

cheers, jt
Drinking a Sapporo in SFO. Oh how the mighty have fallen in terms of flavour.
SFO - get along to the Anchor Bar!
Pukie Wha a fair bit after the rugby, had half and hour in the pool and been out picking lettuce to go with tea tonight, all very wet experiences ..

cheers, a soggy jt
Just got home from Wellington where I had my first ever armageddon. Wow want an amazing beer loved that hop smell and what a flavour, wish I could buy it in Nelson.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service