Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20347

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Should've looked for a monteiths Black maybe ?
That's tomorrow, my wifes work function....lucky it's the second best beer in NZ.....
Hopefully I'll arrive home and there's a pint glass waiting on the drip tray for me ...
I have a Hallertau ale - ADM Pils, Munich and a handful of pale Crystal and '05 that is quite good to whet the appetite
Followed by a couple of cascade ales and then my weekly pint of problematic porter (it will improve with time I keep telling myself .. or at least until I have something to replace it with)

Ahh .. maybe a Mike Mild too .. those bottles in the fridge look badly out of place
I just had 6 pints of EPIC. It was so good. I only just found it down here in New Plymouth (after having it on tap in Auckland since Epic was invented.. then I moved down here and couldn't find any). Then I had a Pint of my heff. It was good too - but different to Epic - but still good.
A beery good day yesterday. I was pretending it was my last day of work for the year, so had a couple with friends (I'm actually working a couple of days next week).

An Old Speckled Hen and a Bookbinder at D4, with Mike Neilson and Kempicus during lunch.

Mata Feijoa, my own Mild and my very young Imperial Stout at home. The Imperial Stout warmed up a couple of Aucklanders who thought Wellington was a bit chilly.

A few pints of Golden Boys at Bar Edward.

Shared some Indian lagers (Kingfisher Strong, Flying 'honey' Horse and Cobra) with an awesome curry at Great India.

Pitch Black on the handpump at The Malthouse, followed by a bottle of La Chouffe and a magnum of Moa.

Plenty of taxi rides!

Now I've got a good selection of Mr Neilson's ales to try out over the next few days...
Sounds like you had a blinder!!! If I do a pub crawl ove here - I get to choose from Monteiths, DB Extort, Lion Rouge, Steigrenade, Heineken and Macs Gold...

I prefer the fridge crawl at my place - at least I get to taste a few hops every now and again.
It was all shared, and dinner took us a couple of hours. I think a called it a night at the perfect time because I'm feeling fine today. Bloody good day.

Nice fish by the way!
Cheers! I ate the whole lot - minus the bones and scales.
do you know what they weighed? looks like a decent haul - I've heard about those Taranaki monsters (if thats where they hail from). smoked?
I got these pups at Cow wow - any Auckland fisher will know where I'm talkning about. The big one was 18lb and the smaller one was 16lb. The misses and I filited them and baked the head + frames.

I'm yet to get my trophy fish (20lbs) - Studio1 if you have any suggestions...?
Kawau (correct indigenous spelling of Cow wow :) )
I'm looking at Kawau Island right now from the dining room window of my house. Whilst drinking a tall glass of my Christmas Day IPA. Might have to change it's name, don't think it'll last that long.
got my 22lber in the back paddock chasing workups earlier this year. I hope to hit up Gt Barrier and the Mokes this summer for a big moocher.

Get your fish recently? We had some nice fish in the last coupla weeks around 12lb.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service