Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

MUST C TV CHANNEL 1 7PM 1 NOV 2008. HOMEGROWN. CAUGHT A GLIMPSE ON AND AD AND IT LOOKS LIKE? IS IT SOME ONE ON HERE? DONT KNOW BUT IT LOOKS GOOD!! WE SHALL FIND OUT ON SAT!!

Views: 127

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think your caps lock key is pooched, Mike. ;P
I thought he was just excited and shouting....;0)
Hmm .. look at the post time .. I'd had several pints of excitement by 9.11pm last night !
I have it set to record on PRTV on the computer, looking forward to seeing if it one of our brethren...
Yes was Excitied, as there is decent TV on sat and yes I had a couple of pints!!
Luke Nicholas from Auckland is on Homegrown this weekend. They went over to his place 2 years ago, and checked out his RIMMS home brew system. He is a great brewer... a great guy actually. He's right into his brewing: he built his RIMMS from scratch... well mostly! He imported all the gear from the States (apart from the Kegs)

Funnilly enough, he's got that iPhone iPint (if you know what I mean)... it's a laugh.

So, if you wat to see a great home brew setup, watch Homegrown this weekend.
So what did everyone think of that? Geoff was good but how damaging to the image of beer being the new wine was that twat from good bastards!?
My sister in law texted me to ask if I was watching it. She said it was Good Bastards. I said "I'd rather drink my own urine". I wish that dipstick would crawl back into the hole he came out of. It's admirable to stand up to "the big brewers" but with him, it's all marketing and no substance. Make decent beer first, then go on about how much better than them you are.

Grrr. Monday morning rage!
I thought it was ok in parts - apart from the points as raised above. If the whole point of the show was about beer being the 'new wine' why devote so much time to carrying an empty keg down the main st of Westport, bottle filling machines being cows udders etc - for eff's sake...!!!

Geoff was great - good work from the Mussel Inn team and for that matter Wigram - I think he was a bit tough on the Wigram Spruce - it's not that undrinkable!
Interesting thing for us is we sold more Good Bastards this weekend than we usually do, by a huge margin.
Agreed, Paddy Sweeney's piece on it was a shame, I would have loved to have seen a couple more of the brewpubs or maybe Emersons involved.
I have discussed this TV coverage with a few people this morning, even though I didn't get to see it, and it seems as though the media is all about sensationalizing a topic to get ratings, rather than doing quality coverage. I use the example from the first year at the NZ Beer Festival in Auckland, and how the media got excited more about Waipa Brewery being purchased on Trade Me than the actual event their story was about.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service