Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Looks like something I would have for breakfast...

OK... see if you guys can guess the style! There are a few clues on the photos that I intend to post.

Brew day went well, I widened my gap slightly as I only had 40% barley malt in this one. I predicted my effiency a bit lower because of this, however it ended up being 83%. i only used 4.5kg of fermentables and ended up with the following...

Vital Stats:

OG: 1052 (I predicted 1050, but my efficiency was up slightly on this one)
FG: 1011 (assuming I get 78% attenuation)
Colour: 6.9EBC
ABV: 5.3%
Bitterness: 19IBU

Views: 210

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

"OK... see if you guys can guess the style!"

Second photo recipe sheet gives it away :-P
Nice pics.
WLP001 - I guess it's an American Wheat (with or without yeast, I'll go on a hunch and say "with").

4. American-Style Hefeweizen

A. Subcategory: Light American Wheat Ale or Lager with Yeast

This beer can be made using either ale or lager yeast. It can be brewed with 30 to 75 percent malted wheat, and hop rates may be low to medium. Hop characters may be light to moderate in bitterness, flavor and aroma. Fruity-estery aroma and flavor are typical but at low levels; however, phenolic, clove-like characteristics should not be perceived. Color is usually straw to light amber, and the body should be light to medium in character. Diacetyl should not be perceived. Because this style is served with yeast the character should portray a full yeasty mouthfeel and appear hazy to very cloudy. Chill haze is also acceptable. Yeast flavor and aroma should be low to medium but not overpowering the balance and character of malt and hops.

Original Gravity (ºPlato): 1.036 1.056 (9 14 ºPlato)
Apparent Extract/Final Gravity (ºPlato): 1.006 1.018 (1.5 4.5 ºPlato)
Alcohol by Weight (Volume): 2.8 4.4% (3.5 5.5%)
Bitterness (IBU): 10 35
Color SRM (EBC): 4-10 (8-20 EBC)
Not a bad guess - I tried to mislead you a bit with the "wlp001" yeast comment. I didn't actually use that strain... If I told you what it was, it would give it away too much.
Mislead?
You cheat!
I'm going to drink some Fuller's London Porter to console myself.
Hopefully you other brewers can use this forum to post some pics of your up-coming summer brews...
Ive got 2 brews I'll put on here. One is my German Pils, the other is my Wiezenbock.
Attachments:
I like the colour of your runoff. That is a huge pot!!!

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service