Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

hey guys

I´m sitting on a assignment for uni - a business plan - and for that case decided to open up a beer bar. Therefore I´m wondering what do you, as really beer interested folks, think about German beer? Would you go to a bar mainly serving German beer?

Would love to hear your thoughts...

Views: 146

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Greig does an awesome Kolsch....maybe he'll share....
I have another batch lagering as we speak...
It's called the Bismark/Bismarck (sp)
Litre jugs aren't necessarily needed all the time but the option should be there (i would say that it would be too price restrictive for the average punter), correct glass wear is a must however!
Yeah, I don't really like a one-size-fits-all when it comes to glassware.

Correct serving temperature is a must IMO too.
Der MEtz is a great German food place in Kohi Akl; very kitsch. Lots of Beers and enormous portions of food like the Lownbrau bar in Sydney.
There's precious little info about Der Metz online. Can you let me know what's on their beer list?

Niara: Please tell me after Uni, you're going to actually open this? ;) Also, since Chch and Akl already have one, and Wellington has lots of other great beer places, I vote Hamilton as the location! ;)
yip, they have a good range of bottled German beers (Schofferhoffer, Hefeweizens etc). On tap they have Hofbrau Munchen....maybe they have a wheat beer on tap?.....I will take note when I am in there next.
For sure ;-) Hamilton sounds good then for the location. Wanna be my business partner? Can you lend me the money?? ;-)
Haha, no worries. I'll just see about winning Lotto first...
I would also definitely be interested. I agree with the other posters that atmosphere, food etc are important.
I'm not a big lager fan and will choose something else if it's available, but I was in Berlin earlier this year, and the pilsner was fantastic - taste (of course) but also temperature, glassware, presentation were all perfect. Don't follow the typical NZ pub example in other words!
of course there would be the matching glassware for every beer style. guess that would be absolutely necessary to transport the right atmosphere.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service