Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Bought several Green Beers over the festive season. Each one I opened was more like a bottle of champagne, froth everywhere, anyone else had problesm?

RIchee

Views: 81

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I took away a bottle of their best bitter from Hallertau in November, I had my best on tap and wanted to make a direct comparison. The Green Man was rubbish, had this awful funky gingery taste going on that overrode everything else. I re-read the label a bunch of times to make sure that wasn't the desired effect, but they wax lyrical about how traditional it is meant to be - maris, crystal, goldings. I have to say it really put me off - at the price you pay for a bottle of craft beer it MUST be in tip top shape in my opinion.
Sounds normal for Green Man beers. I really hoped they would have improved by now. I've yet to have a decent one.
There was a piece in the local paper today and mentioned wheat beers - said they should be highly carbonated but that the greenman example was verry carbonated and that you should make sure the beer and glass is well chilled before pouring gently.
I had one the other day and didnt notice anything unusual - perhaps a different batch.

I tried thier stout too - I dont know if I have ever had a commercial beer with that much flavour - not like the old greenman at all. It stands in rather stark contrast to their dark mild which I have never really cared for.

Also tried the Keller which tastes like a good homebrew (which is really quite good) - which means I will probibly just drink my homebrew rather than shell out for their ones.
I've had a green man wheat beer a couple of weeks ago. The bottle was chilled, I didn't open the bottle carefully but not rough either and I lost half of it down the sink. It was like a fire extinguisher. Mind you what was left was a really good.
In reply to the comments on this forum regarding our Green Man Wheat Beer.
Firstly I'd like to apologise to anyone who's been disappointed by this beer.
The problem came about when the over-active yeast we used for this first batch continued to ferment way after we'd bottled it, making the beer quite 'dry' and also highly carbonated, of course.
We've made a 2nd batch, after learning of the 'super-human' (or should that be 'super-microbial'?) abilities of this yeast, and have bottled it later, meaning that the current and future bottles of Green Man Wheat Beer will be as we'd intended them.

The 2nd batch is also a little lighter in colour, and is a much better brew.

Our new German brewmaster is comitted to the improvement of our range, and the past few months has seen considerable progress on this, so much so that Jeff Evans (UK beer writer) is featuring our Best Bitter in his forthcoming book, due out in October.
We have also broadened our style range, to add to the variety of styles already out there, namely Keller (un-filtered Lager, which is proving popular with Lager and Ale drinkers alike), Stout (7% ABV and mocha-like, to quote Geoff Griggs), and a Premium Pils, where our brewer has used aroma hops for bittering, to create a gentle hopping of this German-style Pilsner.

It has been a frustrating few months, and this has taught us a few lessons, and we thank you for your feedback.

On that note I'd be happy to replace the beers purchased, if you'd email me on 'sales@greenmanbrewery.co.nz', quoting the Best Before date, and the Batch number, on the back label, as well as a mailing address for the replacement bottle/s.

Cheers, Tom the Pom
Hi Tom,

A very noble gesture to replace affected bottles. However I have long since recycled my bottles as they were bought at Christmas. I will make sure in the unlikely event that I strike this again to keep the bottle.

Regards
Richee

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service