Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok - so this might seem a little weird and PC by my usual standards but in team meetings at work I encourage people to give a quick "barometer" check of their week to see how they are going. It helps people crystallize their thoughts into the essential things that are going on. So I thought I would try it here on the forum.
There are only 3 rules:
1. You must provide an answer when asked as you would in a team meeting at work - if you are lucky enough ;-) (volunteer out of turn - it's fine on a forum);
2. You may have as many highs for the week as you can reasonably think of but at least one is compulsory; and
3. You may have a maximum of only 1 low for the week.

So what are my items this week? Glad you asked....

Highs:
1. California Lager yeast (Wyeast 2112) - wow, just loving it and the fact that beers take so little time to condition up!
2. Quick disconnects for my gas on my corny kegging system - how did I live before hand. If people want to get you a cheap but valuable present for birthday/father's day/any other reason then get them to buy you a QD's for less than $35.
http://craftbrewer.com.au/shop/details.asp?PID=964

Low:
1. Promising 15L of beer to a friend on Friday 30th May and knowing that you don't have a hope in hell as it's that good it won't last that long! ;-)

B

Views: 676

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I always get jealous when when I hear you guys talk about kegs.

I might head down to Kirkcaldie & Stains during Dec, sit on Santa's knee and give him an update on the top 3 items on my brewing wish list.

Nah, that would be weird. I'll just stick with my current plan of mentioning it to the wife on a daily basis.
Do some research and put together a plan and have patients Mr C
It's not as expensive as you might think when you walk into your local Brewcraft store.
From memory the kegs from Hallertau are about 2/3 what you'd buy them for from a shop.
You should persuade Mrs C that they are the best way to store your emergency water supplies and get her to ok buying a few now :-)
Keep an ear to the ground for a free / cheap fridge

Reckon you could get the rest of the set up put together ok from Christmas / Birthday & Fathers Day gifts if you tell people what you need and get family to club together to get usefull things other than socks / Homer Simpson beer mugs / hankies
All the best James.

We just found out that our third (and last?) child is looking like a boy (only 16 weeks at this stage). That makes three boys, not to be confused with Three Boys (seeing that these three boys are actually Yeastie Boys through and through!). I'm hoping they will strengthen up the Phoenix defence in about 20 years...
Congrats Stu!
Thanks and well done too Stu, hope they are learning their father's hobbies like my 2 1/2 year old daughter is!

At this stage we are only having two, as I'm too selfish to give up my office! Or maybe if we have another I can build a brew house / man cave .....
Highs:

HB Oktoberfest coming to D4 on the 1st Oct
Just got promoted at work
First wedding anniversary on Sunday
Hearing that Emerson's APA is a 'hopped up vintage'

Lows:

This years Emerson's APA being the last year it will be brewed
Oktoberfest starts tomorrow in Munich and i'm not there
Highs:
- Sampling Emersons APA from the fermentation tank
- Listening to Richard casually rattle off the ingredients list for Bookbinder
- Basking in tropical Dunedin weather

Lows:
- Grain mills are stuck in customs
How's it tasting?
It was being dry hopped. It has a very nice hop aroma. It tasted big and fresh although I imagine the hoppiness will mellow a little by the release date.
Highs:
* Yeastie Boys launch at Bar Edward. I'm torn between handpump and keg. Probably handpump. No, definitely the handpump.
* A quiet Yeastie Boys PKB by myself on Sunday evening... a quiet reflective moment in yet another hectic week.
* Epic Pale Ale at The Malthouse is right on top of it's (always good) game at the moment. Absolute magic!
* Getting a taste of Brewjolais at Colin Paige's farewell do last week... it was tasting really really good. Can't wait for next autumn.
* A good look around the brewery at Shed 22 with Ally and Nick last night (thanks to Ian Caig of SOBA for organising).
* Dinner at Le Canard on Murphy Street. Delicious (which is good considering I left Mac's tour early, just as we were hitting the beers I like the best).
* Yeasayer at San Francisco Bath House. The Sassy Red is always a bit shabby up there but the band her hot and half the crowd joined them on stage for the last song. What a gig!
* A few with my boys and my sister and her boys over in the Wairarapa at my folks. I got a chance to drink my not too shabby "ice" 70/- that I brewed him for his 70th and I always enjoy the cycling over there.
* I'm in between contracts so enjoying the warm weather, the spring cleaning and some time in the garden.

No lows... though it would have been nicer to talk to more people, and for a longer time, at the Bar Ed gig last week. There were also a few friends that I would have loved to have made it.
* I'm in between contracts so enjoying the warm weather, the spring cleaning and some time in the garden.

Ain't that fancy contractor talk for being unemployed?
No, because I'm "self" employed. That's right - I'm catching up on paperwork ;-) (you can be sure I'm still claiming expenses!).

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service