Time: November 28, 2009 from 4pm to 9pm
Street: 1171 Coatesville Riverhead Hwy
City/Town: Riverhead
Event Type: competition
Organized By: JoKing
Latest Activity: Nov 28, 2009

Export to Outlook or iCal (.ics)

Event Description

The 7th quarterly Westers Brewers Conference will be held at Hallertau on 28-11-09 from 4pm onwards.

Brewers from the Auckland regeon are invited to come along with your entry... along with your fee of $10.

The rules are simple: $10 to enter, winner takes all... And the last place winner chooses the next style of beer to be brewed. Your beer will be respectfully judged by a select panel.

Comment Wall

Comment by JoKing on September 23, 2009 at 1:09pm
Mine is pretty much going to be out of Style, Greig... so if you come 2nd - it'll be from another punter: definately not me. I'm in it more for fun... not for winning. If I'm a bit out of style (or in this case completely out of style) I don't have any problems admitting in once the score sheets arrive.
Comment by Greig McGill on September 23, 2009 at 2:46pm
Ah, this threw me for a second, then I saw Martin having a cry! ;)
Yeah, I just can't brew out of style eh. I mean, I can if it's just for me, but the entire point of these things (for me) is to improve my skills, which means attempting to nail the style as closely as possible. I am still considering brewing one to enter, and one crazy one to bring along and share.
Comment by JoKing on September 23, 2009 at 4:00pm
I agree with you entirely - and your brewing principles. Personally - I've brewed at least half a dozen Hefes with all the different yeasts - more like 10... I just brewed 50 Liters of some last week with wlp300... it's good shit! The one I'm entering will be completely out of left field... hopefully nice though!
Comment by JoKing on November 18, 2009 at 9:42am
I have finally got the Weekend away from work!!! I will be bringing along my world famous wheat beer.... see you all there at 4pm.
Comment by Greig McGill on November 18, 2009 at 12:28pm
Can't wait. Me, the wife, a couple of guests, and my Miami Weiss will be there quite early, so if anyone fancies some company before then, you know where we'll be. We will probably get there around 2:30 I suspect. Might swing a shifty pint at the 'braith first.
Comment by Beer_ledgend on November 18, 2009 at 12:33pm
I look forward to being a judge :)
Comment by Martin Bridges on November 18, 2009 at 10:51pm
At this stage it's looking unlikely that I'll be there, sadly. Just too many things going on at this time of year.
Comment by NVIOUS on November 24, 2009 at 7:15am
Doesn't look good boys. Not many turning up?

Turns out I can't be there either :(
Comment by Martin Bridges on November 24, 2009 at 8:26am
I haven't brewed a beer, but I'm currently 50/50 on attending. I'd really like to be there, but there's just soooo much on this weekend.
Comment by Reviled on November 24, 2009 at 8:43am
Well, im no longer working AFAIK (start new job tomorrow and hoping I dont get rostered on), so am really hoping to be there...

Comment

RSVP for WBC Competition 28-11-09: Hefeweizen to add comments!

Join RealBeer.co.nz

Attending (7)

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service