SOBA Homebrew competition - competition entries accepted

Time: July 3, 2009 at 6pm to July 24, 2009 at 6pm
Website or Map: http://soba.org.nz/competition
Event Type: homebrew, competition
Organized By: Brendon
Latest Activity: Jan 18, 2016

Export to Outlook or iCal (.ics)

Event Description

We will be accepting competition entries from Friday 3rd July 2009 till Friday 24th July 2009 at 18:00.

Check out the SOBA website for more details:
http://www.soba.org.nz/competition-results

Comment Wall

Comment by Bambule on September 2, 2009 at 7:28am
Received my judging sheets yesterday in the mail. Really impressed with the effort the judges went to, all good information. Well done Brendon and all the people who helped out. Both Kieren and Brendan said the standard of beers was really high which I find really satisfying. Probably just as well we don't have a NZ draught category......
Comment by MrC on September 3, 2009 at 6:26pm
Wow! Torsion scored highest equal and gets to brewed at Hallertau. I'm absolutely stoked!!! I can't believe I gave most of it away.

Got my full judging sheets this week too. Definitely some good feedback in there. Thanks guys.

A big thanks to everyone involved in the comp.
Comment by Reviled on September 3, 2009 at 9:59pm
Im glad to have had the opportunity to try Torsion cherry ;o) And ill be in line to try the Hallertau brewed version for sure!!
Comment by Nolen Smith on September 4, 2009 at 9:52am
Congrats to all who won! I especially can't wait to try Hallertau-brewed Torsion, Cherry - it sounds awesome.

Big ups to the judges - I got some great feedback... pretty consistent: my beers aren't quite big enough for the style. But I can't believe my chili chocolate porter got a medal (bronze). I thought it was rubbish and only entered it to get some feedback. I only brewed 11 liters of it and still have 10 left in the keg. I almost poured it out... guess I'll have to drink it now.
Comment by Greig McGill on September 4, 2009 at 10:58am
I agree Nolen, the judging was great this year. I really wish I'd prepared properly though. Of the four beers I entered, all were bottled from the kegs the night after a beer fest at my place, and had been open to air all night. I had no idea if they'd last or taste like crap, as they weren't bad fresh. I guess it was testament to the recipe that my best bitter still managed a best in class despite my horrific treatment of it (it was dead flat apparently). I certainly didn't expect any of the beers to do well, it was more an exercise in "I wonder what they'll taste like later?" :) Sorry to the judges! ;)

I really don't know why I did that! Next year, I think I'll actually brew properly for the competition.

Huge props to Rob and Brendon, and all the team who worked so hard.

Comment

RSVP for SOBA Homebrew competition - competition entries accepted to add comments!

Join RealBeer.co.nz

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service