Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

A couple of months ago I launched a youtube channel time4another1 where I do reviews of homebrew's. So far I have uploaded 5 episodes and I am learning more and more about beer with every beer reviewed.

The goal of the channel is to have a panel of average guys, taste and rate beers, and to give honest and uncomplicated review on it. Each beer is rated on Appearance (out of 5), Aroma (out of 5), and Taste (out of 10), with an average score out of 20 given at the end of the episode.

I have focused on homebrewers, as they are the unsung heros that may grow to become the next trending Craftbeer, and being a homebrewer myself on a journey to running a microbrewery, I enjoy learning from my peers, and providing a way that these beers can get noticed.

I would appreciate your feedback on what you like, would like to see, and any suggestions that you have. Also all beers are welcome to be the star of their own episode, all I need is 1 bottle and notes about the beer.

If you want to help promote homebrewers, please subscribe to the channel time4another1 and let me know what you think, I welcome all feedback.

Views: 278

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

"The goal of the channel is to have a panel of average guys, taste and rate beers, and to give honest and uncomplicated review on it get free beer"

Haha ;-)

Good idea guys, will keep an eye on it.

Damn my evil plan for free beer has been foiled :)

Normally I do a beer swap with the brewer, I have been trying to organize a swap with a guy in New Mexico, but the freight costs are $120 each way, thats far to much to pay for a beer. Do you have any beers you want to send in?

Hey Paul. I gave probably more than my share of feedback on the first one, but since I'm an annoying and opinionated b'stard, I shall offer some more! ;)

I've watched them all so far, and I have a few more suggestions:

• It could be useful to have someone on the panel with a bit more knowledge and experience to temper the interesting "first time" beer tasting vibe. Don't get me wrong, I like the angle of having tasters who, while not new to beer, are new to *thinking about* what they are drinking, but I think it could be good to have someone there who can perhaps better explain the goal of a given style or beer so it can be more critically evaluated. Your show, your angle, your choice, but just a suggestion.
  • The summary titles can sometimes flash past a bit too quickly, and be poorly proofed. The one that always bugs me is when people use "palette" (a selection of available colours) instead of "palate" (flavour profile and appreciation thereof). Don't worry, it's not just you, people do it all the time and my inner spelling nerd cries out in pain. ;)
  • The intro sequence is a bit too long. After seeing it once, I always just want to skip it which isn't always easy to do accurately when the media is still loading.

That said, I'm totally going to send you a beer for review sometime soon so you can tear it apart and have your revenge. ;) I'll make it something "The Pom" will enjoy I think...

Cheers,

Greig.

Thanks for the suggestions. We have an opening coming up for a reviewer, due to "the CONTRACTORS" contract expiring, and since we do the filming at work, he wont be around. I have a couple of people in mind, but if you know somebody in the wellington region let me know.

Palette and Palate, I will adjust it for the next video. I try and tie the titles to the audio, but sometimes the editing is a bit quick, so I will make sure during filming we get a bit of pause before cutting to the next segment, to extend the title time. 

One of the biggest issues we have is sound, i have been looking for a 4 channel amp w/ 3 wireless lavaliers, but the price range is around $4000, so have been tryin to come up with a cheaper solution.

My wife is the videographer / editor, and she is doing this as an ongoing project for the New York Video School, where each episode is critiqued by her peers. She has her own youtube channel as well, that is going really well, last month she got the highest video views in a week for a NZ partner channel. So hopefully the same momentum can happen with this channel.

Cheers Greig, I appreciate your feedback and I look forward to reviewing your beer. I will send you my version of "Theakstons, Old Peculier" for you to review, what address can I send it to, or when are you next in wellington and we can meet for a beer.

Cheers Paul. I'll be in Welly for Beervana. Probably arriving early on Tuesday so as to quietly build up to the main event! ;) If you want to send it to me before then, I'm at 23 Saxbys Road, Deanwell, Hamilton 3206.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service