Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

A couple of friends and I have been talking about how it would be interesting to see how good a beer people can come up with in the 3% range. We've decided to give it a go and invite any of you who might be interested to try your hand at it and bring it along so we can all try it out. No formal judging is planned at this stage, just crowd-sourced honest opinions.

• No particular style just so long as it's under 4%
  • Bring a plate of nibbles. Extra nice nibbles if you're only coming to taste
  • Saturday June 11th from midday
  • 34a Potter Avenue, Northcote on Auckland's snazzy North Shore
  • 021 55 09 58 if you get lost
  • RSVP here

Views: 677

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm in.  See you then.

Hmm, could be keen for this!! Sounds like fun, but what to brew...

I've got a nice mini-red-IPA-thing that's still living on in a couple of bottles, although it's past it's best now in terms of hop character... Wonder how it will be in june. I'll save a bottle. ~2.8%, blood red, 70IBU or thereabouts.
Oooh, this sounds like fun. Will have to see if I can find room in the brew schedule.

I think I'm in for this.

Just a thought - why not tighten the requirements and make it sub-3.5% abv? This will make it a bit harder...

Shhh Raffe, that puts my favourite low alc beer at 3.6% out of the picture!!
Noone will know.... ;-)
Do you think anyone will notice if I slip a Tripel into the mix??
Hmmm, not a bad idea. Does anyone object? If not, I'll amend the details above...
I think sub 4% is tight enough. It gets REALLY hard to get flavour and body below 3.5% and although I like a challenge, I always remember I have to drink 20 litres of it!
OK, <4% it is. But, Raffe, if you produce an absolute cracker below 3.5% I'm sure you'll get additional mana for the achievement!
Sounds good mate, count me in.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service