Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Looks like recipe time. Mine's an NZ Pale Ale.

This was a first for me with flowers + also wanted to see how it would come out with first hop addition @ 30

Golden Promise 90.00 % 
Cara Malt 6.00 % 
Pale Crystal 4.00 % 

Cascade 5.6 IBU @ 30
Motueka 7.6 IBU @ 30
Nelson Sauvin 10.9 IBU @ 30

Cascade 3.6 IBU @ 15
Motueka 4.9 IBU @ 15
Nelson Sauvin 7.0 IBU @ 15

Cascade - Flower 1.7 IBU @ 5
Nelson Sauvin - Flower 2.5 IBU @ 5
Motueka - Flower 1.8 IBU @ 5

Motueka - Flower @ 0
Nelson Sauvin - Flower @ 0
Cascade - Flower @ 0

10g Nelson Sauvin - Flower Dry
20g Cascade - Flower Dry
10g Motueka - Flower Dry

Rouge Pacman Yeast

1.051 to 1.012
45.6 IBU

Filled from keg so wouldn't leave it till the last one.

Views: 75

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks very much Crabbey and thanks for sorting the swap out at our end!!!
Nice and clean and I hadn't realised it was all NZ hops til now. Have just finished a bottle of Armageddon and feel this stood up really well against it! thanks
Another great beer in the swap. Pours fairly clear, a little chill haze. Nice head, good retention. Nice golden colour. Aroma I got a huge whack of fruityness, kind of like wine gums. Quite malty, firm bitterness, cascade seems to dominate the flavour. Would have been nice to have a bit more Mot coming through I think. The cascade seems to give a little harshness to the bitterness, a lower cohumalone hop may have given it a slightly softer bitterness, just our preference though. Excellent work mate, well brewed.
Had this one tonight. Short review for me. Liked it a lot. First sniff of the glass i swore this couldn't be kiwi hops, awesome tangerine notes. After a few minutes they slipped away to caramel malt subtlety. Seemed more malt driven than yr average NZPA but i enjoyed it, finished a little thin if I had to pick a criticism, but I'd drink another any time. Enjoyable dale cheers
A lucky dip from the fridge revealed this beer for me on Saturday night.

Poured a slightly hazy, orange amber with a small white head. Aroma of hops with a nice fresh, dry hop character. Very NZ'ish hop with a definate sweet, floral apsect. Carbonation was just as I like it for the style. Caramel sweetness I well balanced with the bitterness. Obvious bitterness that lasts right through and into the finish. Nice lace.

Good beer, couldn't really fault it. Could drink a lot more. Really opened up as it warmed up.

Cheers
Rich golden colour with a three finger head that laaasts. Huge passionfruit aroma with subtle hints of stonefruit, apricot and peach. Nice malt character with a restrained bitterness in perfect balance. I could drink truckloads of this beer! Two thumbs up from Caroline as well.

Wow Dale, what a beer! I love the late hopped bitterness. I love the Pacman yeast.

I've never brewed a late bittered beer, or a beer with with hop flowers before, but the hop character in this beer makes me want to try it.
As usual, not looked at any other comments, decanted into a jug and poured into a pint glass.

Amber, slight haze. Nice fluffy white head which persists well. Lovely hop aroma, very floral and fruity. Those hop flowers have done the trick on the nose.

Decent malt background, nice hop flavour. Almost sherbety sweetness, but drops away quite quickly, ending very dry. Quite short finish.

Very drinkable PA, thanks mate.
Thanks guys for the great feedback I'm glad it's going down well.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service