15% Munich
7% Pale Choc
4% Choc
3% Carafa Special II
3% Melanoiden
NZ Hallertau 15IBU at 60
1pkt Nottingham Yeast
Chch Water

Keen to hear all feedback, good, bad, indifferent. Still trying to get my head round milds and browns so anything that will help me out will be appreciated.

Brewers note - serve warm and pour really hard.
Slainte

Views: 66

Replies to This Discussion

Finished tough work week with a Friday night 'Coot.

Carbonation was quite low but that's how I like it these days. Deep, dark, brown, almost black. Borderline Brown Porter I'd say. Aroma of coffee and little extract character coming through in the aroma also. Nice mouthfeel with tastes of burnt, chocolate, white pepper and that extract character is there in the taste too. As I drank this beer I kept thinking of it as a porter and comparing it to what I like in a porter which led to a desire for more richness in the body and darker malts. My mindset let me down, I know. As I finished up, the burnt character seemed to dominate the memory of this beer.

A nice easy drinking beer. Well brewed mate.

Cheers
Served cellar temp and poured hard.

Nice gutsy wee bandicoot this one. Probably in between a mild and a southern brown. JT would like it I reckon. Well put together recipe, well brewed and well fermented though I'd like to see a more malt focussed southern-style yeast used. Maybe W1968/WLP002. Yeast was a little tart and knocked the guts out of the beer a little, I really expected it to be S04.

Cold espresso and milk chocolate. Perfect for a hangover, after the steak and chips breakfast. Restorative. Folky. Understated far from shy. Could drink plenty of pints of this. Robot Dog's "Hair of the Dog"?

Here's some nice Scottish sounds (prog-folk?) to go with your "folky" beer.

Cheers Stu and Mr C - thanks for feedback

Spooky video choice Stu. Arab Strap are only one of my favourite bands of all time. Awesome to brew a beer that made you think of them.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service