Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Anyone had a good experience with these. I bought a brewferm mini kegging kit off traders which was good value but not enjoying it. I realise corny kegs are the way forward but at the mo don't have room for a kegging fridge. I follow the instructions and only carbonate half what you would in the bottle but the beer always comes out flat with a massive head. I guess I could fully carbonate...another fault seems to be the delivery tube goes right to the bottom so brings up any old yeast and hops that settled. Only upside seems portability......

Views: 264

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm a happy user.

I only prime with 1/3 the amount I would use when bottling, my beer isn't flat but definatelya lot less carbed than when I bottle. I brew a lot of English style ales so this suits me fine, but when I'm doing US style ales I usually bottle more and keg less because of this.

I've owned multiple taps and have never had a problem with the delivery tube being too long. Are you moving the keg at all before dispensing your beer? As the pressure is lower than in a bottle I imagine sediment could get disturbed a lot easier. Or maybe you've been unlucky and got a dodgy delivery tube...

I dont do a lot of English style beers so I can see how this would suit you. I dont move the keg it sits in the fridge for a few days after being there for a couple of weeks. I do do a lot of American style beers so maybe thats why I am not getting a good result. I might try leaving them in the keg longer and upping the carbonation a tad. Cheers for the feedback.

I'd be interested to hear how you go upping the carbonation as I have a few US style recipes I want to try in the near future.

As a point of reference for you, the bottom of the delivery tube on my taps sit approx 1cm off the bottom of the keg.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service