Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

I have just upgraded to a 3L lab warehouse flask from a 2L pyrex jug for making starters and by goodness is it noisy. The stir bar seems to rattle around and make a heck of alot of noise. My stir plate is very basic with a 12v fan and 6v phone charger as a power source no speed control or anything.

Does anyone else have this issue with this flask? what size stir bar are you using? does anyone have any tips that i could try to shut it up. 

Views: 197

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Put it in a room far away from you. Mine is also noisy so I put it in the garage.

Hi.

I have stir bar that is about about 15mm long that does the job well. I think smaller is better as I also bought a 40mm one which wouldn't even stay on the magnet.

If you have the stir bar with the ridge in the middle put two little o rings either side of it. It will then spin on these and you won't really hear anything. I can leave my one on 24 hours a day in the kitchen this and no one complains.

It would probably work on the ones without the ridge too but I haven't tried it.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service