Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Pressurised the keg to 30psi for 3 days.

Dropped it down to 10psi today for a sample and all I got was a horribly slow pour and 100% foam and flat beer.

Have checked all the connections a it's not leaking. The c02 is definitely getting into the keg.

Even when I pumped it up to 20psi it makes no difference to the pour.

Beer line is about 2m

C02 bottle has just been filled and fridge is sitting at about 3 degrees c.

Any ideas?

Views: 2759

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Here is some photos of what's going on. This is set to 20psi
Attachments:
Fittings are definitely right from what I can tell.
Attachments:
20psi. Disconnect is on as tight as she goes
Attachments:
And when I give it a push down.
Attachments:
The posts look Ok and they match the disconnects you're trying to use them with - maybe a crappy beer out disconnect or there's something going on with the seal on that post?

If you've got other beer out disconnects, I'd try them to see if that particular one is stuffed or ill fitting.

I've never had an issue with a disconnect before and I'm not an expert on how the disconnect mates with the post - but I'd imagine that if the spring in it wasn't strong enough to oppose the spring in the poppet in the post, you'd see low flow rates and a possible congestion point which might trigger foaming in the line?
Hmm, I suspect this may be the case. The disconnect seems to be ok but when I took the keg into a shop to have it looked at, the guy hooked up his hardware and it worked fine. Will try a new disconnect and see how I get on.
Thanks for all your help guys. Problem solved. It was a dodgey disconnect, I got a new one today and it's dispensing great!

I'm just around the corner from getting my first Allgrain brew down. I just need to get my hands on a cheap wort chiller and I'll be away.
That's great got mine sorted too. I get a bubble when I pour at the start. Then it clears out and nice clear beer.
Awesome - good to hear you sorted it out!

Good stuff guys, now go have a few beers!

Thanks for everyone's help. It's been invaluable.

Shes pouring like a champ now.

Put my first all grain brew through to test it out and you cant wipe the smile off my face

Attachments:

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service