Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Hello

After the last 4 years of AG brewing using a 3-tier system I pieced together bit by bit with a strong focus on budget solutions, I have now got to a point where I am ready to invest in something a bit more permanent.

As I have normally been scouring recycle centres for gear I have not been in the game of following what is available if you decide to splash some cash so I am hoping that you good folk can tell me where I should be looking or who I should be talking to - or ideally raving about the supplier you chose to kit you out.

* Either 30l or 60l batches (could be a cost decision)

* Good to high quality - I am considering this a long term investment

* AG - not BIAB etc

* A one-supplier solution - I am hoping I won't need to piece together bits from lots of different suppliers

* RIMS or HERMES

* Step-mash capable

* Tangential inlet for whirlpooling

* Electric preferred although I could settle for gas

Any ideas on features you think I should be targeting are also of interest.

Cheers

'smirk

Views: 538

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am assuming you are DIYing this project, and if so, I don't think there is a one stop shop for all the separate parts you'll need for this build. Kal from The Electric Brewery has a 'state of the art' system that is helpful to look at while designing your own, and he has also linked all of the parts needed to build his. Not a very wallet friendly solution, though.

For fittings (which you will inevitably need a lot of), I'd take a look at Bargain Fittings, but I am unsure of their international shipping costs.

Amazon has a few things that you may need (such as the Camco ULWD elements, and other electrical components), but shipping can be expensive, and some items won't ship to New Zealand at all. By the way, if you are interested in purchasing any elements from Amazon, the shipping barely increases for each element you add to the order. For example, one element is around $16 shipping, four elements are around $22. If you are interested in a split order, I would be happy to purchase some as well.

For electrical parts, Auber Instruments has a lot of high quality components like temperature probes, PIDs, SSRs, etc. A large amount of the electrical components needed can be purchased here. Again, if you are interested in a split order to reduce shipping costs, I would be keen.

Lastly, Ebay is always a great resource, usually very cheap with low/free shipping, but the parts won't be the best quality. I suggest sticking to trusted suppliers for the more important componentry.

Also, it is always a good idea to keep an eye out for stuff you could use for your build all the time. I was in Bunnings the other day looking for some mounting hardware, and came across a security cabinet that would be perfect for a control panel enclosure.

I am sure I could help out here at any level required from parts supply to a full blown setup.

Feel free to have a nosey around my web/blog site - http://banksbrewing.blogspot.co.nz/

Flick us an email if you have any questions - banksbrewinghardware@gmail.com

Cheers

Chris

I'm not sure if you found what you were looking for but I often go to http://inibrewsupply.com/ and sigh... 

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service