Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Slants, vials, caps and glassware for cultivating yeast

I reckon I have scored some of the best deals going on these and should be able to get them out in another week or so if I can sort my tax out...

Rough prices (as I still ave to work out the tax thing):

Vials (30ml) with autoclavable lids $1.45 each

Slants in the above vial $1.65 eah (and they look fantastic!)

Conical flasks

250ml  $9.00 each

500ml  $12.00 each

1000ml  $18.00 each

2000ml  $40.00each

Innoculation loop holder $8.00

Innoculation loop nicgrome $4.00 for pk of 3

Glass alcohol burner $15

Aluminium alcohol burner $12

Stoked with what I managed to negotiate on prices and product.  The pre made slants and vials are awesome!  My main concern now is how much of this stuff to stock...

Any feedback on the prices would be appreciated or if there is anything I have missed that you think would be handy for helping cultivate yeast or to get people interested in trying it.

Liam

Views: 292

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Those prices look pretty good to me

Reasonably priced.  I look forward to the updates. 

Thanks guys, just trying to sort the shipping out and these should be ready to sell.  Really stoked with the slants and got my first few orders in which were double my current stock level so might have to look at that.  Nice to see I hit the mark at least.  Couple of lab techs checked them as well (both brewers) and they gave them a good thumbs up!  Suzie spotted a couple of bubbles in one though - she is a tough judge!

Very tricky to gauge interest or stock levels in the homebrew world, not like any market I have ever entered before which is both exciting and worrying haha.

2 litre flasks look to be the flask people want so I might have to get more of them in.

Hopefully it's a slow start and I can cut my teeth without too much stress...

Hi Liam - you may be interested in my opinion on the flasks. I own a 3 litre conical and would not reconmend anyone looking to make yeast starters buy anything smaller unless they are confident they will never wish to brew lagers. Even in a 3 l conical, boiling 2 litres of starter wort (required for pitching 5 gallons of lager) from DME does not provide enough headspace from a boil-over perspective - I do it, but it's an easier ride knocking up 1 litre for ales.

Hope this helps - I appreciate that my view is merely that.

Cheers

Hey Chris,

I use the 250ml a lot when I am running up from slants and storing washed yeast in if its being kept for a few days.  I use a 2 litre for the main starters and I reckon its a bit snug so you're probably on the button with a 3 litre.  Saying that, so long as your yeast is healthy and strong they seem to do ok.  Not had many issues with being under pitched.  A few though which is annoying.

The bigger bit of glass are quite hard to find at times though as they dont always stock it.  2-3 month delay on the 5 litres for instance.

I'll see what I can get my hands on.

Site should be up and running by the end of next week btw.  Might take a week for credit cards to be used but I can add that as the bank gets there.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service