Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Hi there.

I'm gathering up the pieces I need to build a still and am after some TC ferrules, clamps and blank caps in 2", 3" and 6".

If not secondhand can anyone recommend where to buy them from. (preferably a vendor with sharp prices)

Cheers

Views: 1197

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

not sure of anywhere in NZ at good pricing, 

There is stilldragon, based in Australia. They do all sorts of stainless distilling stuff

2" clamps $7.50

2" gaskets $1.00
2" short ferrule $5.00

end cap is $6.00

What sort of still are you building? 

Hi James

I've looked the SD gear but there seems to be mixed opinions about the quality...I'd be interested to here from someone with actual experience. After a bit of searching I've come up with 2"TC stuff here in NZ.

clamp $8.50, long ferrule $7.50, blank cap $6.90, EPDM seal $1.60. 

Not sure exactly what I'll build but maybe a 2-3" boka or VM though first I need to find some copper tube at the right price which will determine what I build. Already got a keg with a 2kW element fitted.

I'm looking at ordering their basic pot still plus some extra clamps and ferrules (for a VM).  Where did you get the parts in NZ? I guess you've read the Aussie distiller site then. I'm happy to take the chance with the parts

I'd like copper pipe but any over 40mm seems hard to find used, thinking of getting stainless instead. 

I've got a 5kW element for my keg, just putting a controller together for it. 

I've the local scrappie on the look out for some copper...he said they get very little 2" but do get 3/4" stuff quite often.

I got the TC prices from Forte in Hamilton.

I can help out there - flick me an email if you like - banksbrewinghardware@gmail.com

If you require enough parts that spreading the shipping costs ex the states makes it economical its well worth contacting Derrin from Brewers Hardware - http://www.brewershardware.com/Tri-Clover-Fittings/

Cheers

Chris

Hi Chris

Thanks for the offer. Like I said in the above post, I need to find the copper first.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service