Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

As always, we start off with a huge thanks to Hallertau for allowing us to invade, yet remain such wonderful hosts. The winner of the last style Rauchbier, was Greig. This is the second consecutive win for Greig - very impressive!

Now the next competition will be on Saturday, 24th November***.UPDATE: Change to date due to holiday bookings - now on 01 December at 2PM*** The style is 7C in the BJCP guide: Dusseldorf Altbier. The overall description of this style is: A well balanced, bitter yet malty, clean, smooth, well-attenuated amber coloured German ale.

I will ask for volunteers to judge now. If you do not plan to brew for this competition, and you are interested in judging, please let me know.  Also, to assist me in having enough judging sheets, please let me know if you plan to enter.

See you all soon. Happy brewing.

Style link here: http://www.bjcp.org/2008styles/style07.php

Views: 1178

Replies to This Discussion

Okay, it looks like I have 11-12 entries! That's great, everyone. Now, for judges: Kelly can not judge if you are entering. I am happy either way you decide - just let me know. Rafe offered to judge as well - you are in if you can still make it. I need a 3rd judge (assuming Steve is still on board.) Any volunteers?

Remember we are starting a little earlier than usual - 2:00 so we don't clash too much with other bookings.

Any questions, email me - nzBeerIQ@gmail.com

See you Saturday!

Cool thanks Barb! I might be heading out of town on saturday afternoon, in which case I'll probably just enter since I'll be driving. However if I end up sticking around I'd enjoy getting my judge on :) Will flick you an email with my movements tomorrow(ish)

Ok cool not going to be going outa town this weekend anymore, Barb I'm keen as to judge :) Will also bring my entry anyway so I can share and see what difference the bottle conditioning made. 

What time do entries need to be in by?  I've got mine but I'm working out East until 2pm..

Hi Barb,

Are you starting judging at 2pm (so beers need to be there earlier)? Unfortunately I can't stick around too long as I have a company Christmas function in the evening.

I would like to start judging by 2:30. If we could have entries in by 2:30 - 2:45, it will give the judges enough time to consider each and give feedback. Yes, we will take late entries, but I will let the judges decide as to how late and entry may be.

Looking forward to it. 

Cool that sounds fair enough, Ill be there as quick as I can after work so shouldn't miss out hopefully.  I don't think my entry is going to be judged as to style anyway but you have to be in to win and the feedback will be worth having for my next crack at this style.

Martin, assuming you'll be there, I'll bring your nice packaging from NHC. I know it's not like me to give a rats about recycling, but hey! ;)

Freakin' hippy! Yes I'll be there, at least for a while. Thanks, I like my sexy packaging.

Hi Barb, sorry for not getting back to you sooner. Alas, I will not be able to make it this Saturday. However it looks like Kelly has stepped up, so I hope you are not short on judges. 

Hey Barb, I've got a donation to Greig- Um, I mean an entry coming out with Mark, but I'm in Wellington myself unfortunately! Hope the day goes well.

Is anyone else near Mt Eden going to be driving out and back? If you wouldn't mind car pooling that'd be great, then I can judge with real festivity!

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service