Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

As always, we start off with a huge thanks to Hallertau for allowing us to invade, yet remain such wonderful hosts. The winner of the last style Rauchbier, was Greig. This is the second consecutive win for Greig - very impressive!

Now the next competition will be on Saturday, 24th November***.UPDATE: Change to date due to holiday bookings - now on 01 December at 2PM*** The style is 7C in the BJCP guide: Dusseldorf Altbier. The overall description of this style is: A well balanced, bitter yet malty, clean, smooth, well-attenuated amber coloured German ale.

I will ask for volunteers to judge now. If you do not plan to brew for this competition, and you are interested in judging, please let me know.  Also, to assist me in having enough judging sheets, please let me know if you plan to enter.

See you all soon. Happy brewing.

Style link here: http://www.bjcp.org/2008styles/style07.php

Views: 1178

Replies to This Discussion

Yeah, but I'm still in "NHC judge mode", and I'd probably have given it a bronze medal at best, with some comments on "not quite to style, work on bitterness, maybe some noble hop aroma". ;)

Bugger, not sure if I'm going to be able to attend on the new date as I have the office Christmas function in the evening. I might be able to drop my entry and run, however. Will try and figure something out.

I'll be there with an entry. See you all on the 1st.

Having just tasted mine, I will throw my hat in the ring.

There are some obvious flaws, but I think it sufficiently passable to enter.  Poor head, perhaps a touch too dark, possibly even some estery flavours.  But gods know I need the feedback.

Looking forward to meeting you all on the 1st.

Yeah good feedback is one thing that is sorely missed at a lot of competitions, it's probably the main reason for entering for most.  Looking forward to getting my NHC note back to see what they had to say.

Well I've got two to enter, ones a German red ale and the other I'm not sure yet since it's just gone into the keg yesterday, still a bit green appley.  I have to admit that I have never had a commercial alt so I'm brewing blind, all good fun and look forward to seeing if I was anywhere near in a couple of weeks. 

Is there anyone attending that is in the Orewa/Warkworth area that could take a bottle to the comp for me. I will be away but wouldn't mind entering a bottle.

OMG! just found a singular bottle conditioned version of my Alt in the cupboard! mustve been spares from the fermenter at kegging time. And I'm back in!

LMAO. Here's to bad housekeeping then eh?

Is anyone else going from centralish Auckland and wants to share a lift?

Ill have an entry this time round and the new date works just fine. Happy to give you a lift if you like Tilt

Cheers man, appreciate it.  I'll give you a hoi to work out details.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service