Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

The new set up... and a question about my burner.

Well its been a year getting it all together since I moved to NZ... but I think I'm ready to start brewing! Did a trial run today and everything seems to be working as it should. I'm planning my first brew for next weekend. 

Everything is working... but I have a question about my burner. Its firing up fine, but on the end where the valves are what do the disks do? I can rotate them closer or farther away... does this increase or decrease the output? I've attached a picture below of what I'm describing. 

Anyways... heres a few pics! I'll report back how I get on next week! 

Views: 168

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Nice set up mate! The disks just control the air flow, I've found I needed mine right out to let more air in to get a blue flame. If they are closed the flame goes yellow and you'll get a sooty mess on your boil kettle. Have a play with them and you should see the difference. I found with an adjustable reg I get a better flame on the large ring by closing the disk a little bit.

Thanks Jack, 

Yeah I'm pretty happy with the set up thus far... can't wait to actually fire it up live! 

Appreciate the input on the disks... I played with them again and I have a pretty nice blue flame going. 

Cheers! 

T

Nice setup but will that cheap saw stand handle the weight?

I'd load up the kettle to max on there beforehand to make sure as it would be a potentially painful experience to have it fail mid boil.

I was concerned about that as well when I was looking for a portable table option. The black and decker work bench (which is what that one is) is rated up to a maximum load of 250 kilos as advertised in its specs sheet. 

1 litre is roughly good for 1 kilo weight wise... so I should be well within a safe load limit for the bench. 

With that being said I'll take your advice and load it up tommorow with cold water just to see how things go. 

Thanks for the feedback mate! 

It should be sweet - I've had my 45L HLT on a B&D Workmate as part of a semi permanent 3 tier set up for the last 18 months - not a creak from it the whole time.  They're pretty tough.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service