Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

What do people use as lids for their kegs?

I also have a large 50L stainless pot with no lid.... the proper lid is very expensive and I perfer not to pay the money... so what options for a lid have people used?

thanks

Views: 304

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I take it you mean kegs that you're using for tuns/ kettles/ HLTs?  So if you don't need to pressure seal the keg and your pot circumference is the right size the warehouse has 30cm glass replacement pot lids for cheap.  Budgo pizza trays work OK too.

i brought 3 rice steamers from a Chinese Supermarket. Got 3 lids and 3 dog bowls for $40-50.

Lids have stainless steel rim and glass middle for pepping.

Great thats a good idea.... here i was about to grind the top out of a keg and then look for a lid.

Get lid and cut keg to suit is a much better option.

For my 50 L pot i will use an oven tray, cut of the corners and put 3 x bolts through it to locate it on the pot. Good ideas.

cheers

an old frypan lid works for me

When you grind the top out, keep it... add some small 2cmx4-5cm metal strips pointing out of the section cut out to hold the lid over the open section... Voila - lid, with the sanke fitting as a handle.
hard to describe, will take a pic of mine if you dont quite get it?

Then you can cut a section out of the lid for immersion chiller connections - to allow the lid to be on while chilling and transferring.

I have seen some done this way with stailess washers (to avoid having to cut the strips). When I get round to making lids I'll do it this way.

Great idea.

I jusy happen to have a tig welder in my garage and I am sure I can sort this out.

cheers

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service