Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Hi All,

Looking at getting a proper magnetic stir plate and some flasks from labwarehouse.co.nz

stir plate and flasks drop in price when getting 2, 6, 10, etc (varies per product).... anyone want in to save some $$?

Stirplate:

http://www.labwarehouse.co.nz/product_info.php?products_id=796

flasks:

http://www.labwarehouse.co.nz/index.php?cPath=19_9_38
I'm planning to get 2x1L and 1x2L flasks.

Cheers,

Brent

Views: 3343

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

yeah, people seem to think a 5L flask on the 12cm stirplates 'looks funny', but works fine.

If it works, then I'm OK with that, not worried what it looks like.

I'm still going to go ahead with it, especially since lab warehouse said they will refund if they don't work out. (not sure why they don't just crack one open and try it out for us)

And to top it off, lab warehouse have confirmed the 5L flask will sit on the stir plate fine.

dude i made one for $40 with new, off the shelf components the easiest thing i ever made; 1 hour.

much larger for your big flasks too mine is  wide enough to catch any overflows if it ever happens aswell.

if you want i can send you detailed photos, i made mine even simpler than plans ive seen online save you a few more bucks, maybe enough to pay for a brew

planning on making one soon. I'd appreciate some photos of your simpler method :) (not that the others are overly complex)

the whole 'fan and magnets' thing doesn't really excite me. and I figured that its something I'm going to get alot of use out of, so I'm happy to get something that is lab quality.

There are plenty of guides for DIY stir plates, and I'm capable of making them - but as above, longevity, warranty and purpose built rate high on my list.

o.k just tested labwarehouse one for you guys. put 4 litres of water in it and it created a tornado :o so guess it's good to go. was a bit scared to put my 5 litre flask on it, but seems to stay there. only can put it to half rpm, otherwise stirrer goes to side of flask and can't be drawn back. downside of having a very small circumference.

So should work.. might keep mine afterall ha. have 2 stirrers going..

haha, awesome, thanks Dermot, much appreciated.

from what I have seen a larger stir bar would sort out the slipping in a 5L flask.  although 1/2 RPM should be fine.

Paul - does this count you back in? ;)

G'day Brent - sorry to be late to the party but is it too late / hassle to come in for one stirrer plate and bar? I live in WLG.

Cheers

Nope, not too late at all.  Will put you down for one.

The stir plate comes with 2 bars included.
if you want other stir bars you need to let me know which model for their website.

Really want to get this order in today.

IntegerSmirk, please get back to me ASAP....

I've sent friend requests to those who are interested/definitely in.  I'll get your email addresses and organise the details.

As an aside - if 1 more person orders a stirplate they drop from $147 to $135 each!! Anyone else?

Yup, I am in.

Sweet. you mentioned you wanted a stir-bar. which one? or was that a typo and you wanted a stir plate?

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service