Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

I need to make a new sparge arm over my cooler tun and was wondering where people get the plastic pipe for it?

I'm going to use the same stuff to make a couple of carbouy cleanrers too I think and maybe a multiple bottle rinser

plastic sparge arm

Views: 554

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Also I need to look at making a more permanent agitator for my boil kettles.  I use an immersion chiller and a paddle on my drill which drops the temp real quick.  Be nice to have a paddle through the lid that just ran so I didn't have to hold the drill...  Any ideas?

Hi Liam

I saw this article some months ago... looks technical and fidley.. (so right up your ally really :) )  Since I like batch sparging I never tried it.

How to Make a Rotating Fly Sparge

I don't think I need any more fiddly things to work on haha

Actually it does look pretty good... 

Might have to build a new mash tun for it...

ahhh sorry about that.

btw I saw a the Lower Hutt Storage Box shop now has the Rubbermaid 5gal coolers (round orange), which a lot of the yanks use for Homebrew mashing.

Not as nice or volumetric as a 50-100ltr stainless pot with electric immersion element and thermometer ... but the ole esky works fairly well and you see a fair amount of mashing addons for the Rubbermaid 5gal cooler on Oz and US sites.

Most people (myself included) use the 10Gal (40L) cooler.  The 5gallon would be too small.

10Gallon ones are available from ini.

http://www.inibrewsupply.com/rubbermaid-10-gallon-water-cooler/

Cool. When I built my new mashtun early last year I couldn't find these in NZ and importing them from OZ or US was expensive (mostly in shipping costs).

Scored the pipe from Bunnings on the way home, nice quick push fit stuff at a really good price so when I re-jig the thing with the third boiler I can remake it in 10 minutes.  Quite impressed with the stuff actually,  better if they were half price but...

Sourced a sweet as submersible pump which will be great for cleaning carboys and kegs, bought enough fittings to do that too, thought I might as well get enough to make anything else that takes a fancy while I was there :)

Any info and/or pics of the Bunnings sparge arm? Quick, push fit sounds great...

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service