Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Hi all,

Where is everyone getting their silicone tube from? The cheapest I have found is from www.hiq.co.nz @ ~$14 per metre for the 12.7mm ID 1.6mm wall thickness (1/2” ID 1/16” WT). I saw on the craftbrew site that they recommend this is not used for pressure or suction hose (and theirs was actually 2mm wall thickness).

I have also found a source in the US for 30 metres of tube working out at about $15 per meter for the thicker wall 1/2" ID 1/8" WT which is recommended by craftbrew (or $8 for the 1/2” ID 1/16” WT).

The problem is I don’t need 30m and getting it any shorter is not an option with the supplier. So would there be any interest in the remaining 20-25m of 1/2” silicone hose, the prices above could probably be inclusive of postage (if it was only 5 or so people to send to). In terms of timing it would most likely take ~2 weeks to get here from order, then as soon as I get payments I could cut it up and post it.

So is there anyone that would be keen?

Cheers

Views: 4192

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

OK I got some stuff posted today.

Sam and Dale, your stuff is on the way.

Adam, sent you a price for the tube including postage (PM'd)

James, I'll box your stuff up tonight and get it out tomorrow.

Thanks everyone for being super easy to deal with!

Cheers.

Thanks Matt :)
have you sold it all now or any leftovers?

Hey Sam, yep all gone. What were you after? If there is some more interest I might bring some more in.

ah no worries I was just going to offer to clean up the leftovers if you wanted. Im in no hurry right now

OK the last of the tube is getting sent out today. Thanks guys for the patients and all!

If anyone else needs some drop me a PM, if there is enough interest I could possibly bring in some more.

One thing I do need to say is this stuff is pretty sticky and will pick up any thing/dirt/pet hair/etc. in a 5 mile radius so I'm sorry for that, but the good thing is once you wash it in some clean water it stops being sticky and everything just drops off it (but then you'll need to drip dry it because using a towel/tea towel/paper towel will put you back at square 1).

Cheers for organising and offering this tube Matt. Mine arrived in the post today, looks like good stuff and at a good price :-)

Thanks Dale, glad to hear it is showing up! Just made some hoses up myself last night with 1/2" camlocks, they are locking pretty flash. Hopefully I'll get to brew end of this weekend so I'll be trying out the new:

Mash tun (keggle), pump, hoses & kettle whirlpool. Still got to get the plate heat exchanger delivered and set up though and a HLT! Should be a good weekend!

no sign of the cable at my end as yet

Weird since Dale work is just round the corner from yours (I think). Hopefully it turns up soon.

indeed... did you trace it or standard post?

Standard parcelpost, I'll inquire online tonight.

Just sent the the form. Hopefully it shows up by Monday or I hear from NZPost what happened.

Cheers

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service