Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20346

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Had a shit week at work, took the wife out to dinner because a happy woman is a happy home ;-) , open the car boot and im greeted with a bottle of Halletau Porter Noir  , Three boys Oyster  Stout , Croucher Patriot and Hop Zombie....thumbs up to the wife

Halletau Porter Noir

I heard that the base porter recipe for that beer is a real winner ;-)

I'd love to try back to back the base porter and the Porter Noir.

734 - Little darkie - The first beer I've got under 3%, it weighs in at 2.9%

It's just gone in the fridge so it's a little flat, a little warm, a little short on hops and a little thin but these guys improve with a bit of time

cheers, jt

I'm just drinking my 5% NZ Pale Ale, cloudy as fuck but tasting good. The sauvin/motueka combo is a def winner. jt I always found my smaller beers tasted better with the flatter/warmer vibe going on. And like you say a bit of time too.

Yes, good flat & warm, the first few pints like that are really good. Loses a bit as it chills and before it's carbonated, but as it conditions the hops will come through.

I've just finished the keg of it's 3.2% predecessor and it ended as a real bitter little thing ...

I'm hoping the extra hops hold this one up a bit further. I've dropped back the specialties and upped the hops

1.032 and 50 IBU. Finished at 1010 which is a bit higher than I allowed for but the ambient temps been a bit up & down in Welly lately

Cloudy beer has character !

Homebrew tonight. Was supposed to be an American Brown ale but didn't turn out as expected. DMH got a new mill so my efficiency jumped 20%. Now it is a 7% brew with a massive FG.

Nice beer to sip on but not what I was planning.

Had a couple of Croucher's Patriots (American Black Ale) last night at Galbraiths. Damn. I love what those guys do. Some people are calling this beer an IPA. I don't really care. It's awesome, try it. It doesn't taste all that black and malty but if you let it linger, once the hops fade (which takes a while because there's a lot of hoppiness,) you get a little bit of smooth roasty chocolate.

Popped into Hashigo  this arvo to pick up the Corny kegs and some afternoon tea , sat down and had a yarn with the boys behind the bar .

Started off with the iStout which went down pretty quick and then the boys pulled out some HB for a taste big thumbs up.

iStout started to kick in and then a label change took place on one of the taps..........Darkest Day Stout was tapped in .....Bro I Absolutely loved this beer it was D lish if only i could take some home.

Finished my afternoon tea with some Townshend Cathcarts on the handpull before taking the trip back into the Hutt.

Currently knocking back my last bottle of Mussel Inn Dark Horse and the beer fridge is looking bloody sad with only a few beers in it and a couple of crays

Dude you can take some home.... Anything on tap in Hashigo can be put into riggers for takeaways. ;o)

Ahhh Shit ! thanks for the tip bro , me and the wife are doing brunch at Leuven tomorrow so the riggers can come for a ride

Hop Zombie. It is awesome.

Loving the big hoppy punch in the nose. As others have said, it doesn't drink like an 8.5% beer, which could be a problem if you quaff a couple of pints quickly. But you won't care because you'll still be tasting hops long after you're toast, and every time you burp it'll be goodness all over again.

Really fantastic job guys, love it. I would've maybe liked a bit more toffee/caramel coming through in the malt to add some character to that side of the beer, but hell, this is all about the hops and that's why I bought it. 

I had planned to have a crack at Mash Up at the same time, but it's inexplicably missing from the shelves of Vic Park New World...

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service