Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

You can get your first taste of this beer at Regionals in Wellington this Friday at 4pm. I had my official taste tonight - the pictured bottle is the first bottle... I might keep it for a while!

Views: 401

Comment by Stu McKinlay on June 7, 2010 at 9:23am
Nice stuff Jo and team at Mike's... had my second bottle last night while watching "Tristram Shandy, A Cock and Bull Story". The alcohol was just kicking in as the miniature Steve Coogan hung upside down in the womb. A truly superb match, truly superb!

I know you said it wasn't quite right... but there ain't much wrong with it.
Comment by JoKing on June 7, 2010 at 9:41am
Thanks for all the kind comments. We are going to be putting down a second (probably final batch for the year) next week. I'm planning on making the next one "less hot" as far as the alcohol goes. The first batch has a warming feeling as it hits the gut. I don't care for that much - I dont think it's appropriate for beer. I've been studying the brew logs to find out why - and I think I have found out... time will tell.
Comment by Nicholas Jones on June 7, 2010 at 3:26pm
Brilliant effort Joe, we had a couple bottles on friday, was everything I hoped it would be... started it at about 6 deg and finished at over 10, it went from bitter, to sweet, to fuming, amazing how much the temp had an effect on the flavour, room temp (Chch room temp that is) seemed to be on the money :-)
Comment by studio1 on June 13, 2010 at 1:59pm
lovely - just shared w Tyler. Lovely balance and very drinkable. a little warming but doesn't seem out of place at all. Is it filtered or naturally bright from the conditioning tanks?
Comment by JoKing on June 13, 2010 at 2:47pm
All natural conditioning... about 4 weeks or so in the bright tanks.
Comment by studio1 on June 13, 2010 at 3:31pm
very bright. nice.

Comment

You need to be a member of RealBeer.co.nz to add comments!

Join RealBeer.co.nz

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service