Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Views: 133

Comment by Tony on March 4, 2010 at 8:10pm
Hi Glen, how did you seal around your thermometers? I presume they are a straight thermometer through the side of the kettle?

Also, what did you use for heat seals on the inside of the valve connection?
Comment by denimglen on March 4, 2010 at 9:40pm
Yup, straight through.

On the inside I used a orange silicone o-ring then a stainless washer then the standard nut that comes with the mashmaster thermo.

As there's no flare on the thread they tend to leak through the thread. I got around this by wrapping a ridiculous amount of thread tape around the thread where the nut would sit when it was tightened. So much thread tape that it was built up more than the thread.

If you're going through the wall of a cooler I would drill your hole, pick out about 15mm of insulation from within the wall and fill that space with Sealey's Knead-it which is food safe. The wall of the cooler is too soft when hot to be tightened up enough.

Not too sure what you mean on the last bit. If you're talking about the inside of the valve itself it's as I bought it. I've disassembled them after 15+ brews and the internal seals are fine (couldn't say the same about the rubber over the handles though). If you're talking about getting through the wall of the kettle - same as for the thermos.
Comment by Tony on March 5, 2010 at 1:04pm
Thanks mate that answers my questions, very well
Comment by James P on March 5, 2010 at 1:15pm
While we are digging up old stuff....

What are the parts that make up your host disconnects? 90 degree angle?
Comment by studio1 on March 5, 2010 at 1:21pm
Glen - want to sell me one of your burners with a reg?
Comment by denimglen on March 5, 2010 at 3:11pm
Tony, sweet as, glad I could help.

James, disconnects are from HCD, they're not garden hose fittings, but IIRC they're 1/2" bsp, and the 90 degree is just a threaded brass one.

Studio, can do you a burner but don't have a regulator. When I was using all three burners I was using one regulator joined to a manifold.

Comment

You need to be a member of RealBeer.co.nz to add comments!

Join RealBeer.co.nz

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service