Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Is Brewers Coop the place to buy starsan or have we found someone cheaper/ closer to Christchurch? cheers

Views: 1486

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I got mine from www.greatexpectations.co.nz in Wellington.
Excuse my ignorance folk, but is Starsan the steriliser that does not need a rinse mode? If so, that would seem like a huge benefit, since it takes some of the drag out of the preparation.
Yes, no rinsing needed. You often get a lot of foam left behind, but this is not a problem. John Palmer ("How to Brew" author) tested this thouroughly by brewing batches of beer in fermenters which had heaps of starsan foam in them - no effect whatsoever on taste etc (and he should know!). I've seen a video of a keg being filled, bucket loads of foam was coming out of the top as it was dispalced by the beer - so don't let the foam worry you.
Wow, thanks for that and the mention about the foam. I guess most of us are lazy buggers at heart when it comes to drudgery, so this sounds just too wonderful Thanks.
Yes and rinsing can actually reintroduce bacteria.
Yet another reason to take the lazier way. This just gets better folks!
I know, I know, you can take these things to the limit. Next thing you know they'll be selling beer in bottles and all you'll have to do is take the cap off and drink the stuff! No brewing needed. hahaha. But seriously, it's the repetitious stuff that gets to you. I brewed in a bag a few times, starting in 1969 (the beer was gross for the record) and a few times since, as well as kits and now just getting into full mash. But the greatest revelation was to get a kegging set - no more bottle washing - and now this. Brilliant!

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service