Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Thought it might be handy to have a thread for some of the more advanced brewers to give some advice on recipes.

Let's see how it goes eh...

Views: 70873

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi guys ...trying to do the impossible and brew an Emersons Pilsner...any thoughts?

craftbrewing.co.nz they have a recipe kit... allgrain as well i think.

Hi. I don't have an Emerson's Pilsner clone but I could put it up fairly quickly if required. I'm picking a fairly simple malt bill, Gladfields Pilsner / Lager malt with about 25% Munich, 7% CaraPils, and Riwaka + one other hops. Czech Pils Wyeast pack.

Just thinking this would be awesome if late-hopped.

I thought I saw a recipe somewhere with a mix of Riwaka, Motueka, and Nelson Sauvin. I could be wrong though.

Actually I'm thinking of Tuatara Pils. Nevermind

Hi Adrian. Not impossible at all! I have made a couple that are really good. The original pilsner used rakau and riwaka I believe but is different now. Still definitely riwaka but also NS and maybe even motueka? I've tried mixes of all three, including dry hopping and ended up with a stunning beer. 05 yeast is perfectly ok in my experience. Anyway the basic grain bill for 20-21L is
5kg Pale or Pilsner Malt
220g Carapils
125g Acidulated Malt
100g Crystal (light)
67C Mash
Hops ( my suggestion to start)
N/S 20g @60min
NS (15g) Motueka, Riwaka 20g of each @ 15 min, and 5 min
05 yeast start around 17 degrees and finish 21-23 if possible
Dry hop if desired
NS 15g, Motueka and Riwaka 25g of each ( 4-5 days prior to bottling/ kegging)
Thanks for that going to give it a crack!!!!
What about gravity levels ..start and finish...cheers
SG For 21L should be 1.050-55 ( higher if you get really good conversion efficiency) and with 05 yeast ferment out to 1.009-13, depending on accuracy of mashing temperature. You really don't want it too dry so try to mash at 67-68 degrees. I have mashed higher to get a little more body and added a little wheat malt as variations but stick to the above initially and alter it according to your preferred taste.
Thanks will try that.
Just brewed this today and its looking awesome! Thanks
Pleased to hear that! Hope it turns out as awesome for you as it did for me.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service