Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Hey, Can anyone vouch for the quality of some of the Brew Pots on TM? There have been a bunch popping up over the past month or so and are at reasonable prices.

Pots like this 31Lt one...buy now of $55 is quite tempting. Or even $75 for a 71Lt pot....

http://www.trademe.co.nz/business-farming-industry/retail-hospitali...

Views: 2505

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think I will send mine back if it ends up being that short in size. Mine is also the 31 ltr one and I got it off the buy now not the $1 auction. I payed for 31ltrs so I expect it. 5 days till I find out though.

Well pot turned up at the olds...just been over there to measure it up on my keg scales - 51Lt pot filled to the brim turns out to be only 30 fucken Lts....Im mad...grrrrrrrr.

I wonder if they are sending out the wrong sizes...31 turns out to be 20, 51 is 30...I bet the 71 would ship as the 51Lt pot.

Im gonna get in contact with them asap and try and get some answers out of them. Might be a bit tough...

The measurements in the auctions work out OK, have you just measured its size?

I put the pot on my keg scales, zeroed out the weight and filled it up from the Tap and it weighed just over 30Kg filled to the brim. Therefore this equates to 30Lts in my books or thereabouts.

I meant, in terms of confirming that they had sent the wrong one. It may be easier to get through to them that they have sent you the wrong one if you say you ordered the 405 mm one and received the 355 mm one. Not everyone (selling stuff on trade me) knows how much a litre of water weighs, although I would expect all home-brewers to.

My god your right! the 31L one is supposed to be 355x355, this is just shy of 300mm in either direction

Sounds about right! oddly enough, mine had the number '21' written in red vivid on the wrapping plastic... maybe there's some truth to them having the sizes 'mixed up' cough... I emailed them today asking for an explanation but no reply yet (of course)

Will measure mine in terms of mm (i assume height) today after work.

From TM, the pot measurements are the following;

21Lt - 305mm

31Lt - 355mm

51Lt - 405mm

71Lt - 455mm

100Lt - 505mm

Just heard back from the seller, they've apparently hired a new packaging person who got the sizes mixed up. They're sending me out a proper 31L immediately which is nice (rather than having to return this one first), and offered to pay the return freight costs :) A pleasant supprise!

yay

I got the right size luckily. It has a few scratches and dings but it should do the job for my first pot =) Looking forward to making my BIAB Epic Clone in it soon!  One question though: Is it too thin to try and weld or make a hole and attatch a weldless tap??? Also where are the best places (pref near hamilton) to get said taps? Cheers

Shot Chris...and merry xmas...your on the slipper path to AG now son!

And starting off with a cracking clone attempt!

You can get ball valves from bunnings and mitre10mega etc, or there are some other plumming stores that will hook you up. I got my fittings for my copper manifold/tap etc from Mitre10 as I found them cheaper than bunnings. You want a nice ball valve, but not sure what other fittings you will need as I havent had a look yet...but will be soon  enough.

Chur

Not sure about weld-less fittings but it might be worth doing a price comparison with Anzor who look like they have a branch in Hamilton, in Wellington they were helpful and had the same ss valves for about a 3rd of the price of another Wgtn store. 

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service