Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Expressions of interest please to get an idea of numbers.. Thinking swap about 20th of June   Hopefully a full swap given the new of number Grain father owners !!

The process goes something like this:

1. Brew a beer you're proud of and want other brewers to try and give feedback on.
  2. Post your recipe as a separate thread in the NZ case swap group - feedback from others'll be posted under your own recipe thread.
  3. Bottle it up in 750s - plastic bottles are best as they have to be shipped around the country using "smash and stomp" courier service.  Plastic being lighter also keeps the costs down a bit too. 
  4. How many you send in will depend on the interest we get ----> total number to contribute = number of brewers in the swap minus 1
  5. Get your beers to a central point under your own steam.
  6. The organisers then make up a bundle of mixed cases and send them out. 
  7. Receive your case, chill, drink and enjoy while giving feedback on the beer to the brewer via their CS recipe thread.

I'm happy to be the Auckland depot again this time around. 

If we get a few interested from Wgtn/ ChCh or elsewhere it might be good to have local "hubs" and organisers there too.  Shipping with NZ post to Auckland (assuming this is the only depot as it was last time, that we've got 13 brewers and everyone is using PET bottles not glass is about $20 from the North Island and $35 from the South.  

Redistribution costs split over the lot of us came to about $10 each. 

So to summarise costs, if Auckland is the central point, are:

$10 for Auckland brewers who drop off and pick up in person

$30 for other North Island brewers

$45 for South Island brewers

How does that all sound? 

All that said last time there where only AKL people and it was free... sometimes I stump up the WGTN courier fees from a side line business I have, lets see what happens we try to do this as cheaply as possible.

Views: 936

Replies to This Discussion

I'm keen Pete. I'm not sure what I will put forward yet.

Will probably have to sit this one out at this stage unfortunately.

Hey guys - just checking in - we've got 8 brewers at the moment? I'm working out my plastic bottles...

Cheers.

I am still in safe to say 8 I think maybe less

go for it

Great idea! I'd be keen - would the beer have to be in by 20/6? I'm not sure I could make the time frame

can slide it to the end of the month if that helps you?

Yep great - count me in.

Are numbers and dates confirmed?  Need to prep...

On Count back we have the following 9 total so you need to supply 8 bottles maybe less, if everyone can confirm will help

Peter Smith 

Peter Church

Duncan Emo

Steve Adkins

Pierre Malan

Ryan Perkins

Mark Weusten

Ian Niehorseter

Greg Tarr

yep, still in

When do we need to get these to you Pete?

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service