Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Lion Nathan has decided to relocate the Mac’s Craft Beer production capability from Wellington to the Canterbury Brewery, Christchurch and close the Mac’s Brewery in Wellington.

The Wellington Brewery is a higher-cost facility relative to our other breweries but up until now we considered this a component of our investment in building the Mac’s brand and its reputation for brewing innovation.

However the brand has developed to a point where consumer adoration for Mac’s no longer depends on the Wellington Brewery underpinning the brand’s reputation for brewing innovation. The maturity of the Mac’s brand and the introduction of the Mac’s Brewbars throughout the country have contributed to this change in consumer attitude, to the extent that we can now no longer justify the expense of operating the Wellington Brewery.

http://www.realbeer.co.nz/alefiles/local_news/article_2009_11_26_33...

Views: 366

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yep, and don't forget Hashigo Zake, which has an advantage in that it actually looks like a temple! Bar Edward also has an owner who should be canonized, so I guess that's a temple of sorts too! :)

The problem with Wellington is not "where to drink", it's now "which place will I have to pass on this time?" The choice is getting harder and harder to make. You're a lucky bunch, alright.
Mayhem on tap sounds like a religeous experience. I was happy to find some in a bottle (and Armageddon) in Blenhein awhile back, and that came quite close.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service