Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

I thought it would be cool to have a comparison of everyones Red Ales. This is mine after cold break (the wort here is 5 degrees) and is 18 SRM on the button.

I wish I could brew beer this colour all the time - it is really majestic to look at. Maybe I'll do an "Evil Twin"... Evil Dead Red clone...

Views: 386

Replies to This Discussion

Cheers bro, had it in at 685 from craftbrewers values. Only drops the beer SRM 1.3 so might just leave it as is.
red food coulouring......?

Yea wonder what would happen if I used red food colouring.....
That looks bloody awesome! Has that finished fermenting?
Yea I kegged it on Thursday this is un-carbonated

Best photo I could get at this time of night, did a little photoshopp trickery to get it closer to what it looks like for real. I'll also be watering it down a touch, boiled off a little too much. Haha dusty glass and dirty first-running from the kettle, oops.
Haha fuck I'm a retard, was fixated on getting 22L in kettle post boil so had 22L on my mind, then got 20L in the fermenter and thought that I needed 22L, so watered down. Haha, oh well, only 3 points too low and I get an extra 2L of beer haha.
Nice. Did you have a recipe for this?
JZ's recipe, swapped out Target and FWH'ed, Crystal 50 fpr 40, and Baird's Pale ale as base, and adjusted roast barley for colour. US05. Nothing flash, pretty unfamiliar with the style.

Still a bit murky as it only got kegged on friday. But I'm happy with my first attempt at an Irish Red.
Looks pretty good - it'll get a bit darker once it clears up.
Does anyone else have some photo's to share?
Don't be shy now.

Also how many people have brewed a red for this comp?
Will be good to see most of you there on the day.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service