Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

how many grams of co2 to carb a 19L keg...

before you  have  leak? 

Views: 689

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

whas the best way to clean the posts etc.?

I soaked overnight in star san soln as I had no PBW

I just pull the keg apart fill it up with water add a cup of Nappi San and dump everything in.

If you add the disconnects back onto the posts and drop them into the keg they clean up over night. That way you don't have to dismantle either the post or the disconnect.

Also for Silicone I love this stuff, and its in a spray can!

http://www.itwpf.co.nz/rocol/product.aspx?productid=129

You can use vasaline I used it once but I have never used it since never had the need.
Now it's fixed. Wel it seems to be at this stage..... Should I just set to 12psi and leave it til Saturday?

well I have also had good luck with set at 35-45 for a day or 2 then back to 12...    just dont try to pour until its been at 12 for a bit and has equalised....   like bottle condition I find 2 weeks a good time period to achieve full carb / bitterness / clarity ,     leave it alone as much as possible to settle etc.

spray some star san on it to see if there is a micro leak???

I had same issues you having,   good lean and lube solved things

Thanks peter. Did another check for leaks. And.... Surprise surprise. There's one from the regulator. Dicked around pulled apart cleaned etc. Plumbers tape. Nothing still leaking. PITAss
My regs are bolted to a backboard, gas out lines clamped to this board then 3m gas line so that nothing can move around at that end I am slowly getting hang of kegging 99% of my problem stem from me trying to get beer ready before it's ready! left a epic pa on 12 for a week damn it's nice now... Like spivey tangelos....
Anyways my big issue now is clarity got to try the gelatine thing.
Time helps a lot with the clearing I've found. After 3+ weeks it starts to get clear.

Still have concerns about leaks on my new system.

I hooked up a replacement regulator, with no leaks in the regulator. cranked to 11 psi and let sit. seemed ok leak tests etc. checked just before bed last night, and still ok. checkd this morning and at 0??!! concerned i have a non visible leak, and have absolutely no idea where it would be coming from, ive check everything, o-rings replaced etc. etc. I've set it back to 12 and I'll check when i get home from work. Thoughts??

I would tear down the gas release post etc etc, if you have 2 kegs , swap lids...

Theres pressure in the keg, theres no doubt about that, which is a plus, cant sap lid on the 2 kegs, they're very different. if its at 0 tonight, I'll de-gas and do the gas post. I have a spar post, so I might just swap it out, and see ho it works.

I checked my reg an hour after re-setting and down to 10psi. 

This is becoming increasingly frustrating. All I want to do is drink my new beer, Could this have anything to do with the cold temps last night in my garage?

anything else I'm missing?

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service