Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Hello again

Is there anyone here living in Auckland who grows their own hops? I am currently growing four different types (no idea what though) and would be keen to do a "hop swap" at some point once they start to take off. I'm pretty sure one of my hop plants is a Hallertau, but then again I can't say for sure. Also, is there any way of knowing for sure?

Cheers. :)

Views: 2218

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wow... Can I get in on this? Can bribe with yummy things.

I'm all for a combined swap meet up if that suits you Cascade. 

No problem.  I'm planning to be in town next Tues or Wed so will bring 4 of each variety in case anybody else wants some too.

Legend!

Hi Cascade

I'm just wondering (f I'm not too late) if there was going to be a spare rhizome floating around that I could possibly get a hold of?

Thanks

Got some Mystery German left.  All out of Smoothcone at the moment (will take another few weeks for new shoots to form and for me to get them rooted).

However check with Tilt, as he might have spares of one or both varieties left from what I gave him.  If you don't have luck there then PM me and I'll arrange a German drop-off.

I also have Kortegast and Sticklebract varieties that I acquired about a month ago.

The Sticklebract in particular doesn't seem to be too happy up here and has barely added any growth.

The Kortegast has finally kicked into life in the past week and is starting to get angry, so with any luck I'll have cuttings of that available in the new year.

Where did you get hold of the Kortegast? I took a cutting of a hop plant behind the Monteiths brewery in Greymouth a few years back but have no idea what it is. Do you know how to tell what kind of hops are what?

Hi cerevisia - can't seem to reply directly to your post ...

My Kortegast came from a TradeMe trader, so I'm just relying on trust that it is a genuine Kortegast!  I know a couple of us on RealBeer got that variety from the same guy.

I don't think you'll be able to determine the pedigree of your hop plant - even if you got a beta acid profile done, it would probably vary a fair bit due to your own growing conditions.

Cheers Cascade! :)

I'd be super keen for any leftover Kortegast hop cuttings if you'll still have any to spare. My hops are just starting to sprout now so hopefully I'll have cuttings soon. I have the one I got from Greymouth Monteiths, one that was growing wild in Wellington, and the mystery German hop. 

ive got rooted cuttings right now if anyone keen

give us a call or text 0272013826

Which varieties do you have?

Chris has sent up some rooted Danscade cuttings for me to share around the Auckland crowd.  Five up for offer.  Get 'em while they're hot ....

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service