Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Pressurised the keg to 30psi for 3 days.

Dropped it down to 10psi today for a sample and all I got was a horribly slow pour and 100% foam and flat beer.

Have checked all the connections a it's not leaking. The c02 is definitely getting into the keg.

Even when I pumped it up to 20psi it makes no difference to the pour.

Beer line is about 2m

C02 bottle has just been filled and fridge is sitting at about 3 degrees c.

Any ideas?

Views: 2759

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Even using that calculator its trial and error I used it when I ordered my line originally and the were far too short weather that is because of my tap position or other factors I don't know all I know is that 10 PSI @5C gives me 2.3 volumes and it pulls perfect pints 95% of the time.

Also http://beersmith.com/blog/2011/07/14/keg-line-length-balancing-the-...

Should have asked earlier are you using a standard tap or one with the flow restrictor adjustment on it?

Hmmmmm, my set up looks very similar to yours except my tap is higher up.just a regular long shank tap, no flow control. I'm not sure the diameter of my line.
I read something today about temperature variation in the fridge having an effect. Such as, colder down the bottom. What are your thoughts on this???? My old fridge is a culprit.
It's gotten to the stage where I'm going to have to take the keg apart to sort out what's wrong. If I bleed off all of the co2 and bottle it will priming with sugar or carbonation drops still work for carbonation? Also, got given some hops today, is there such a thing as dry hopping in the bottle e.g. Add a pellet to each bottle?
Dunno about dry hopping in the bottle might be best to do in the keg. Not sure if you'll have much yeast in suspension after been chilled for a few weeks for carbing maybe someone with more exp can help with that. As far as temp variation not really sure.
Scott, is there any possibility you have the Co2 line from the regulator connected to the liquid out post on the keg...? The posts on my kegs allow both liquid and gas disconnects to be pushed on and if the keg is full, beer could escape out the gas in post if the lines were on the wrong post .....but it would be very foamy as you are describing.
The standard cornelius keg posts won't allow interchange but others do. Just thought it was worth mentioning.
Unfortunately that's not the case. I wish it was something that simple.
Hmm. I've got some more yeast. Might just pop it back in the fermenter add the yeast and hops and leave it for a week or so. Mars well try, just going to tip it out otherwise.

Have you tried using a picnic tap in place of the proper tap you have on there, to see whether that makes any difference? Might just help eliminate another possibility of where the issue is in the system.

Yeah second that, picnic taps with that black hose which has a tiny inner diameter are really good for checking such things. You don't need any length of hose before the tap as the tight inner dimension provides enough line resistance. I've got 2 and they're simplistically awesome.

Tried a picnic tap with a short hose the other day an it didn't make much difference.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service