Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

We are currently holding an excess of FF, and are looking to sell some off at a really sharp price. It is 2012 harvest, but has been stored at -18c since we purchased it. It is packaged and being sold in 5kg bags, so you might want to chip in with a couple of mates. $75 a bag, which is a steal at only $15 a kg! 

Hit me up at colin@forkandbrewer.co.nz

Cheers

Views: 1763

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I was trying to come up with a recipe for something along the lines of Epics Armageddon. I found a recipe online that was miles off as it had less hops than baylands Epic PA clone and Armageddon claims to have 42 hops per 500ml bottle as opposed to PAs 23 but that got me thinking why not calculate the alphas of an even blend of the 4 hops in Armageddon (Cascade, Centenniel, Columbus, Simcoe) and the adjust the PA schedule dividing by 23 and times by 42 for the volume of each hop edition just to see how the numbers worked out. The IBUs surprisingly came in just where I wanted them so that was going to be my next brew, not a clone but maybe a good place to start. Then all this falconers showed up. So its basically that recipe with one hop blend subbed for another, adjusted for alphas and rounded a bit. It quite different from other hop schedules I have used and heavy on the Crystal (not as heavy as the other recipe) but should be an interesting little experiment.

I will be giving that schedule  a go soon with American IPA base off the Gladfields site and San Diego Super yeast. Will be interesting to compare notes.

Yeah I was thinking with a few of us on here having quite a lot of falconers flight it would have been interesting to organize a case swap or little competition with the only rule being something like: falconers flight must be a major component in the flavor of the beer. It would be cool to see all the different things folks came up with.

Anyone drinking a FF beer yet? I bottled my FF IPA last night. Was tasting fruity but quite different from the usual big hop C's bit more subtle flavour.

Hi all, Sorry to have been slack here- I have emailed the 3 of you directlty who were keen on a 5kg lot each, outlining approx freight to your respective parts of the country. 

If you can get your details back to me ASAP I will try and freight this before the weekend as I'm not around for the following couple of weeks.

I will probably be coming to Wellington in a couple weeks for work. Would it be possible to grab 5kg from you then?

Thanks Col, arrived this morning. All bagged up and ready to go will try to send Auckland packages tomorrow morning. Smelled really good repacking.

As you know Cain I used the digital IPA recipe and replaced the hops...

5kg American pale malt

715g Munich malt

360g carapils

140 caramalt

I used 5g 60 minutes ff

112g 10 minutes ff

140 g flame out below 80c whirlpool for 45 min

It comes out at 56 IBU's but might be slightly more from the whirpool..I cant find a clac that does IBU flame out hops..below 80..

Not sure how much to dry hop with.. I'll take a little sample to test first

We will defiantly have to catch up and compare beers although it looks like yours will be ready well before mine. I'm wishing I had brewed last weekend because now I have a trip to wellington coming up that will interfere with my dry hop, cold crash, keg schedule if I brew too soon so will have to wait so the beer is still in primary during that time. Or maybe brew a trpipel now and give it a long primary and do the FF when I get back.

If this beer tastes as good as thos hops smell I ill be a happy brewer

I hear ya Cain.. I'm going to bottle mines tonight or tomorrow but when I opened the ferm to add the dry hops I was met with an amazing aroma of mango , grapefruit /pine  notes .. I ended up adding 3 ounces to the dry hop as think think i am up to around the 12 ounce mark of total hops added :) I've never used this much before so hoping I've not over done it with it only being a 5 gallon batch.. Time will tell I suppose..

I dry hopped my Falconers IPA last night and had a similar experience taking off the lid. Mango and Melon for me.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service