Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

We are currently holding an excess of FF, and are looking to sell some off at a really sharp price. It is 2012 harvest, but has been stored at -18c since we purchased it. It is packaged and being sold in 5kg bags, so you might want to chip in with a couple of mates. $75 a bag, which is a steal at only $15 a kg! 

Hit me up at colin@forkandbrewer.co.nz

Cheers

Views: 1763

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm in New Lynn. Can potentially pick up from one of you guys depending on where you are. Thanks also from me for organising.

I'm definitely getting 5kg shipped up here for me and some mates.

Happy to combine shipping (almost certainly cheaper) and distribute as needed if this would help.  I'm based out Mt Wellington, but can drop some into Newmarket/CBD as needed.

I flicked you an email a couple of days ago. If you can ship a bag to ChCh?

Great so looks like it's on then.. Me and Cain are in Hawkes bay so we could combine our 2 kgs in one postage If we don't get the 5 kg's  sent here first..Or if someone in Auckland can pick it up in person then send our 2 kgs down that could work also .. We can put the money into a bank account before hand.. I'm sure Cain would be willing to do this also. I think it would only cost around $5 to post down to us.

How many 5kg bags do you have? I could be interested in one or splitting one.

Hey Col. Sent you an email a few days ago about a bag. Anyway send us a bank account and shipping cost and I will pay.

Hi Cain / all - I'm happy to coordinate the AKL crew if that helps.

Here is what I'm thinking of doing with the first bit of mine. Anyone whos actually used the hop got any suggestions?

800 Falcons
14-B American IPA

Size: 40.0 L @ 20 °C

Original Gravity: 1.069 (1.056 - 1.075)
Terminal Gravity: 1.017 (1.010 - 1.018)
Color: 9.68 (6.0 - 15.0)
Alcohol: 6.78% (5.5% - 7.5%)
Bitterness: 65.6 (40.0 - 70.0)

Ingredients:
11.5 kg (90.2%) Gladfields Pale Ale - added during mash
0.9 kg (7.1%) Crystal 15 - added during mash
0.35 kg (2.7%) Acidulated Malt - added during mash
15 g (1.9%) Falconer’s Flight™ Blend (11.0%) - added during boil, boiled 76.0 m
45 g (5.6%) Falconer’s Flight™ Blend (11.0%) - added during boil, boiled 30 m
120 g (15.0%) Falconer’s Flight™ Blend (11.0%) - added during boil, boiled 10 m
150 g (18.8%) Falconer’s Flight™ Blend (11.0%) - added during boil
150 g (18.8%) Falconer’s Flight™ Blend (11.0%) - steeped after boil
160 g (20.0%) Falconer’s Flight™ Blend (11.0%) - added dry to primary fermenter
160 g (20.0%) Falconer’s Flight™ Blend (11.0%) - added dry to secondary fermenter

Wow Cain , that's one serious hop sensation you're planning.. What did your IBU's come out at ? If you bring your temps down below 80 after boil you will get  less IBU's from your flame out hops..

I tried this for the first time on my panhead supercharge clone..I did a whirl pool for about 30 mins below 80 and it turned out really well..I got way more aroma and flavor out of it. My 5gallons was gone in a couple weeks :-) I had my last bottle last night and I'm kicking myself for not keeping more as it was just coming into its own..

So whats happening with our share mate? Are you getting 5kg's sent to you ? Or do we have to put some money into a bank account..I'm happy with either scenario..

Only about 65IBUs as the late hops don't contribute many. I really should do a proper hop stand like you 30 min at 80 or something but I usually just chuck them in once the temp goes under 90 and whirlpool as I chill. It takes me quite a while to chill at the moment with the ground water so warm.

You can pay me cash on delivery if you want or I can send you an account which ever is best for you. I will have 5kg sent to be then make up bags for you, Mark and Norrii. I can drop off or you pick up which ever works out at the time. Still waiting to hear back from Col so hopefully its still on.

That looks good to me.

I have used Falconers in an American Red Ale to great effect. I did use some NZ Liberty and Danscade as well but the Falconers was the feature. It is a very nice blend and the outcome was very much an American C hop flavour.

Good luck

Hey Cain, I am keen to do single hop falconers ipa like yourself. The only brew I have done with a single hop was a mosaic smash which I wasnt too happy with. I think the recipe wasnt very good which is surprising because it was from Brewshop. The 60 min addition was 40g which was way too much I thought. How did you decide on your hop schedule?

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service