Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

We spoke about creating a discussion so people who have or people who are thinking about and/or building can share pic's info and pitfalls to avoid.

Just about finished building my bench and hopefully will have a chance to start wiring it up this weekend. Pics to follow shortly.

Views: 19888

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Mine are the aubin ones Barry. Same as theelectricbrewery.com but the model with the relay output.
Curios Scott, how come relay output? What are they switching?
They are switching 230v relays for the elements. My relays aren't 12-24v
SSRs or mechanical relays?

Scott, what was your reasoning for keeping everything 230v?

For what it's worth, I didn't want to have any transformers or DC supplies in my control panel - too much fuss and too much space. In the electricbrewery system he has step down transformers and variable DC power supplies x2 to power his volt and amp meters. I used a 230V combination volt/amp meter so none of that for me.
The only DC current in my cabinet is from the PIDs to the SSRs, and that's functionally optimal.
Omron G7L-1A-BUBJ is the model. They were quite pricey but I wanted it all to be 230v parts.
Mechanical I'm pretty sure.

Hi Barry

Your 4.5Kw element, what plug and socket did you settle on, I'm Currently running PWM  control of a solid state Relay but only have a  2.2KW element it boils but I would not call it vigorously  and looking to get something bigger what size cable did you use 4mm ??

4mm would be fine for up to 5.5kw
Hey Charlie,
I got these: http://www.ebay.com/itm?itemId=261332307088
And these: http://www.ebay.com/itm?itemId=251304384875
Off eBay but shipped from Hong Kong. Arrived within 2 weeks.

I investigated local 25A plugs and sockets but they're outrageously priced these days, more than twice the price even at my dads less-than-trade price.

I searched high and low on eBay and aliexpress but couldn't find any reasonably priced flanged receptacles but these ones will do.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service